SSDT Gas Gas Pre-event Prep List

Andy

Courtesy of Shirty. This is also on the front page.

Gas Gas Pro SSDT check list.

1. Check spokes in both front & rear wheels for tightness as they may have worked loose since first being checked.

2. Fit new MICHELIN tyres on the front and back. The heat generated on the road destroys tyres and only Michelins stand the abuse. You can get the whole week out of one rear tyre but we recommend using two. We also recommend using a thicker Enduro inner tube in the front.

3. Repack your silencer with some good quality packing wool. (We recommend SILENTSPORT). It

may sound silly but why use choke when on the road????

So it chucks more gas through & then it'll go quicker down the road. Biggest thing to remember is to knock the choke off again for the sections, they tend to huff a bit on you.

I knew there was some reason I stopped riding a 2 banger round there :rolleyes: You have to seriously look after them down the road in Scotland or they have a short life, that is unless your name is Kinell & then you thrash 'em daft & get away with it, mind there was one day he couldn't catch me down the road.

mind there was one day he couldn't catch me down the road.

When! What about that day I passsed you and AG down a forest track to the fuel stop? You pulled up and said "**** me that thing can fair shift!" :rolleyes:

having the choke on makes your bike run richer to help prevent your bike running to weak and seizing. not to make the bike faster at all

quite right - its also worth cleaning out your radiator at every opportunity, scottish bogs have a habit of choking your rad - a good mudflap on your front mudguard helps as well.

Why is this?

I've used a good quality O-ring and an X-ring on the SSDT with no problem at all, didn't have to adjust them once throughout the trial

some modern bikes like the Beta and Sherco dont have enough clearance for an Oring, on a sherco I think it may catch the slave cylinder for the clutch on the beta it catches the brake pedal. Another issue is that an Oring saps power as they create a lot of drag.