Trials Bike Price Hike Because Of

loonal

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I would have thought that If you had agree'd a price then that is the price you pay regardless of the cost of the bike for the seller.

The exchange rate cant be helped so its neither parties fault, I think a fair deal would be for both of you to stand it, ie: you meet in the middle and only pay

Presumably you have a documented agreement, in which case turn it over and look at the small print, if it allows for an increase

or for them to cancel the order and return your deposit then you have had it. If not you have a contract, go talk to trading standards.

An alternative would be to negotiate, pay the extra but get a bit of serious discount on spares/clothing/boots etc

Maybe even phone the importer & ask them if this approach is the policy of what ever brand you are trying to buy

It's all down to how you 'feel' about the transaction, if you get the 'gut feeling', that the dealer thinks your an 'easy touch', then I personally would ask for my deposit back and go elsewhere. Mind you, I would probably make some preliminary enquires, to see wether the particular item could be purchased elsewhere. If events are as you say, in actual fact the dealers broken his contract, by asking for more money, so your perfectly entitled to the return of your deposit. You could press him in a court of law, to forfill his commitment, but could be a long drawnout and expensive exercise, with several outcomes. A proper dealer would absorb the increase, keeping his customer happy, with no ill feeling, remember your probably going to buy many more items throughout your trials riding. Would you feel happy, to go back to this particular dealer, if any problems arise, regarding warranty etc, or wether they are even bone fide retail dealers. You haven't mentioned where your are , inside or outside the Europian free trade community or what make of bike.

I feel a little for the dealer, but expect he didn't think the price rise would be a factor as the pound has been strong against the euro for a couple of years now.

If it is a 4rt then that may have something to do with it?

You are not being "had over" I bet the price to the dealer has gone up by said amount to him and he would supply at a loss maybe if he stuck to the original price

Edited by Nigel Dabster

I feel a little for the dealer, but expect he didn't think the price rise would be a factor as the pound has been strong against the euro for a couple of years now.

If it is a 4rt then that may have something to do with it?

You are not being "had over" I bet the price to the dealer has gone up by said amount to him and he would supply at a loss maybe if he stuck to the original price

I did contact trading standards & they said "breach of contract"...

When I mentioned "breach of contract" to the dealer he said; take me to court then!

When I sugeested that if he delivered the bike when he originally said he would (January) then the Euro may not have been a problem.

When he calmed down a little he said he will see if he can work something out with the importer.

Whats annoying is this is a very large reputable dealer who I had heard only good things about.

Still I suppose almost everybody is feeling the pinch.

Edited by Loonal