Trials Bike Price Hike Because Of

loonal

I did contact trading standards & they said "breach of contract"...

When I mentioned "breach of contract" to the dealer he said; take me to court then!

When I sugeested that if he delivered the bike when he originally said he would (January) then the Euro may not have been a problem.

When he calmed down a little he said he will see if he can work something out with the importer.

Whats annoying is this is a very large reputable dealer who I had heard only good things about.

Still I suppose almost everybody is feeling the pinch.

Threaten him with name and shame! :gay:

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

When I mentioned "breach of contract" to the dealer he said; take me to court then!

I think them there words are pretty much the end of a happy relationship to be honest.

Think he should have been ready to say ok split the extra cost down the middle,then maybe deal's still on.

just picked up a new audi a4 estate that i paid for in jan, both the rrp and the car tax have gone up but the dealership honoured the agreement

however your new bike is not a 25k car and as posted above i suspect that the dealer will lose money and be effectively sponsering you if he dont get his 200

.....i suspect that the dealer will lose money and be effectively sponsering you if he dont get his 200

Thats just tough I'm afraid. As I said above, you have to take the rough with the smooth in business.

Ok, look at another way. If you get your deposit back and go to another dealer, won't they have the same price increase?

Currency fluctuations are a fact of life.

Yes, but I think you miss the point. Surely a deal is a deal. I suppose it is an honour thing. If something is agreed then surely it should be honoured?

What a world we would live in if we had did not have the constraint of morality

Edited by Loonal

A dealers margin is his private business, at least it is until he force feeds you information about how little he is making, and in some cases even giving you a peep at his invoice from the importer!

I've no idea how much a dealer makes on a Trials bike ,but if its the figure quoted i'd be looking for a different product to sell.

Car and Commercial dealers have structures which give them cash back from the Manufacturer, giving them licence to tell half truths as to what they are really making.

Take a new VW Transporter- The most discount you are likely to get is 12% (with the dealer making just 3% if the salesman thinks you look daft enough to believe it)

What the dealer is less keen to tell you is that as soon as your van is registered they get a cheque back from VW for between

You need to spend an hour or two researching what the bill of sale actually means. It generally means a contract of sale, a deals a deal.

Not really a smart move by the dealer imo. Would they rather see you walk away and go somewhere else with

quote ( I would of thought ringing the importer and explaining the situation might be worth a try. They may encourage the dealer to see sense. )

i think not! the dealer would have ordered the bike pre increase too, yet the importer increased the price.

just picked up a new audi a4 estate that i paid for in jan, both the rrp and the car tax have gone up but the dealership honoured the agreement

however your new bike is not a 25k car and as posted above i suspect that the dealer will lose money and be effectively sponsering you if he dont get his 200

I've never heard such load of rubbish, whats the difference, the percentages are exactly the same, in actual fact the loss (to the dealer) as a lump sum of money would be far greater on 25k as to say 4k bike...Oh yes...we all wanted to know you've got a 25k Audi, A4...really nice company car

Edited by ask greeves