Flat Tank

dixie

Hi all have been out side in a shed at work for a year and not had a computer port

Is anyone manufacturing a reasonably priced flat tank for the 4rt yet ?

i would love one but they are so much money.

I still have my 06 and touch wood it has been trouble free so am keeping for a bit longer,but would love to upgrade the tank.

Hi There,

I have tryed myshelf to get one and the best way is too take it apart and get a (good engineer) to cut of top and make a Flat lid for it as this is all TRW and Japan shops do , Show him Photos so he can get an Idea what it has too look like ,

Then just change the pump bracket so the pump will lay down more and fit into your new Flat tank ,

Easy done ,

Cheers .

easy ????? Yes the modification of the bracket is easy, but the rest is a lot of work.

Home made Flattank

Yes your photos look like a LOT of hard work ,

Like I said you need a Very Good Engineer , I see what they do at TRW to there tanks and they dont touch the bottom of the tank at all like your photos show you have done , They just cut the top of and make a new lid , OK easy if you know what you are doing ,

But with your photos and a Good Enginneer then should work out great , And save all the extra money if you had to buy one ,

Cheers .

A firend of mine has done this with his tank, the rest of the bike is not bad either........

Top of tank removed & flattened, bottom tank expanded to increase fuel capacity. Perfect idea really, large capacity flat tank.

post-2-1208533793.jpg