My 125 Racing 08

benbeta23

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I ordered my 08 300 from the same place and they messed me around good and proper, I wanted the wheels and bashplate anodising red and to cut a long story short, after waiting a very long time and after confirming a date of collection for the bike, I turned up to find the bike was standard and the rims hadnt even been spoked and the bashplate hadnt even been anodised.

After asking why the work hadnt been done I was asked "when did you want to pick the bike up?"

I was also told that they had got the bike in the workshop 2 weeks before I picked it up and that the only thing i was waiting for was the rims to be anodised. I later found out that the bike had been brought in the day before I came to pick it up. hence why the bashplate hadnt been done (they didnt even send it off to be anodised as they didnt even have the bike!)

While waiting for 4 - 5 hours while they "blitzed" the PDI on my bike while I went off to get them sandwiches.

I paid the price they asked for the bike and didnt bid a single penny out of it in the hopes I would get top notch service.

Up until now Ive been quiet about what happened but I felt I wanted to share my experience. and to top it off the rims were the wrong colour, but ive kind of taken to them now hehe.

On a lighter note, your bike looks swish. Really like the red frame of the 125's wish they did it in the bigger bikes.

I had the rest of the work on mine done by factory kev at gas gas UK, he did a cracking job and very quickly too. big thanks to him.

take a looksy....

http://www.flickr.com/photos/24122878@N02/

S3 front pipe is now dented a few times...................nearly cried....................*sob*

Enjoy your new bike!

All the best

Tom

Helps if you ring up and tell them when you want it especially when the workshop is Full!!!

Oh and who paid for the sarnies???????????

I was told mine was in the shop for a month when in fact it had been 1 day! I dont mind waiting as long as I know where I stand. It seems a common tactic with alot of businesses to get your trade by saying "it wont take long" and then giving every excuse under the sun as to why you havnt received the product you have placed a deposit on.

Hows the bike? scrtatched it yet? mines looking alot older, especially my front pipe!

Tom

There was a delay because of lack of forks in the gas gas factory, but my bike was already at GasGas UK waiting for me, it only needed picking up. I bought it in february anyway so way after christmas.

Tom

I was told mine was in the shop for a month when in fact it had been 1 day! I dont mind waiting as long as I know where I stand. It seems a common tactic with alot of businesses to get your trade by saying "it wont take long" and then giving every excuse under the sun as to why you havnt received the product you have placed a deposit on.

Hows the bike? scrtatched it yet? mines looking alot older, especially my front pipe!

Tom

not really to be honest mate only a tiny little thing on the rear silencer when i fell off because i approached a rock at a bad angle, fell to one side and the bike fell on top of me it hurt quite a bit, but i was ok