2005 Scorpa Sy250

t-shock 250

Guest Yamaha_dude

Pictures look, somewhat odd to me, although they were computer generated, is that me or does anyone agree?

post-10-1092776830.jpg

Edited by Yamaha_dude

Just seen the 2005 Scorpa, appears to be no change apart from silver painted frame & different graphics.

Not sure about engine.

We still don't have all the details, but one change that is confirmed is the header pipe. It is now plated, or coated, stainless steel. You can see it in the photo and it is different from the gold tint of the previous models. Also, the decals on the forks and swingarm were added last year for greater protection. This year, the material for those decals is supposedly even tougher.

Edited by DGShannon

Dont really think it needed any drastic changes, but i think the silver frame looks horrible.

It is already an excellent package, and I agree that no dratic changes were needed. Especially with the 4-stroke on the way, there is not much point in spending a lot of design time and money on something that already works great.

Intersting that you don't like the silver frame. I currently have an '04, as you do, and am not fond of the blue frame. It is not the blue so much as that they did not match the color well with the other blues, already on the bike. So far, I am liking the silver, but will have to see one in person before passing final judgement.

I think the Silver frame looks better than the blue, have to say though; I prefer the black/graphite frame on the '03's. Not just because mine's an '03, just think it looks better.

I've heard from sources close to Scorpa that, in a similar way to the tyre pressure, the bike comes with user defined fuel tank quantity from manufacture. Radical eh? The bike also comes with a state of the art immobiliser system. There is a switch located on the right hand side just forward and lower than the kickstart recess on the tank. Turn the switch to the position marked "off" and the bike will cease to run or start. Apparently, they've managed to fit this device with no weight gain to the bike! How things are progressing eh? :)