Godden Majesty Pics

scrumpyjack

Hi all,, just thought i would share some pics of my Majesty... i believe its a late Godden Majesty... everything is chromed, foot pegs , brake pedal, side stand, chain tensioner etc

honest and un-restored, what do you think???

Scrumpy

06052008079xr3.jpg

06052008080hh7.jpg

06052008084zp9.jpg

06052008085ca0.jpg

06052008086xh5.jpg

06052008088hv3.jpg

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Very nice,keep it as it is.

The only problem is i like to ride all my bikes....and if i fall off and dent the alloy tank it would never be the same again....!!

not like the fantic 300 in the background,,, i can brake anything on that and i have spares to fix it...or after a year or two re-powder

coat the frame, now the Majesty's frame is chrome so it just wears away.... so sadly these days it is an expensive ornament. Does anyone

else out there have a Godden Majesty like mine?? I see Majesty's but not with the chrome frame...

Scrumpy

The only problem is i like to ride all my bikes....and if i fall off and dent the alloy tank it would never be the same again....!!

not like the fantic 300 in the background,,, i can brake anything on that and i have spares to fix it...or after a year or two re-powder

coat the frame, now the Majesty's frame is chrome so it just wears away.... so sadly these days it is an expensive ornament. Does anyone

else out there have a Godden Majesty like mine?? I see Majesty's but not with the chrome frame...

Scrumpy

I hear what you say,but my idea is to use it,wear it out and rebuild it - the more spares you buy,the longer factories will keep making them.Stick it in a museum and its life is shortened.I order bits from Hirst's,BVM or my local Yam dealer as often as I can - I just wish I could encourage yamaha to start making pistons for twinshock Ty250's again.

Nice bike Scrumpy. It's no good looking at them, the reason why I sold my Seeley recently. I have a Yam framed Maj which needs sorting out, shelved due to house sale (ha ha ) Pitley rides a Godden framed 250 not plated frame though. And I was working with a bloke a while ago that had a Godden in his van, non runner and it was in there as he was struggling for storage space due to working on his barn conversion, given up trials for enduro at the time. Again not plated frame one. :o

Nice bike Scrumpy. It's no good looking at them, the reason why I sold my Seeley recently. I have a Yam framed Maj which needs sorting out, shelved due to house sale (ha ha ) Pitley rides a Godden framed 250 not plated frame though. And I was working with a bloke a while ago that had a Godden in his van, non runner and it was in there as he was struggling for storage space due to working on his barn conversion, given up trials for enduro at the time. Again not plated frame one. :o

Yes Seeleys are another story... i have had more than most...lol But i still have the earliest Seeley i have ever heard of.. frame number 1003 that makes it the third bike made,

it has the larger tank that was used for the scottish,, i would like to find out who the works riders were that rode the first Seeleys,, i think this makes it very special... hard to put a value on

If anyone has any info regarding to this i would be more than interested.

SeeleyJack...ooops i mean ScrumpyJack :o

Plating was a standard finish on Godden frames.

Early ones were yellow, then they were plated and on the last bikes they were red - changed to red on instructions from Yamaha I believe as red/white was Yamaha corporate colour at the time.

Super looking thing. would you consider swapping it for my sister?? i live in richmond n yorks you can view her after 6pm.

Can you post a picture of your sister?

Lovely bike, keep it as it is, ride it enjoy it and save up for the re-chromming.

Sister pics on there way..

you can still buy stell maj tanks steel and plastic ones. take a look at www.francetrialclassic.com click on the union jack and it translates it to english.. they have loads of stuff i have seen folf selling on e-bay for fortunes.. they have someting to do with mick andrews.

Sister pics on there way..

you can still buy stell maj tanks steel and plastic ones. take a look at www.francetrialclassic.com click on the union jack and it translates it to english.. they have loads of stuff i have seen folf selling on e-bay for fortunes.. they have someting to do with mick andrews.

The only reproduction Majesty tanks i have seen are fibreglass "correct me if i am wrong" The original ones are alloy "like the one on my bike"

I am still supprised that no one has come forward with another chrome framed Majesty.....are there none left?? have they all been powder coated?? I used to own one of Norman Shephards

works Majestys which was an early godden framed bike with the rear loop still going over the mudguard

shephardmajestyqo5.jpg

I sold this to a friend in 2001... and have been trying to buy it back, but he wont budge,, ;)

Scrumpy