Bultaco Sherpa 350t

steve

Hi all,

A friend of mine just offered me a Bultaco Sherpa 350T It's a 74 / 75 Model In Red and Silver.

He stripped it several years ago and rebored the cylinder, painted the frame and other bits but there it has sat in boxes since. As far as I can tell the only major item missing is a seat.

It's being offered at

Hi all,

A friend of mine just offered me a Bultaco Sherpa 350T It's a 74 / 75 Model In Red and Silver.

He stripped it several years ago and rebored the cylinder, painted the frame and other bits but there it has sat in boxes since. As far as I can tell the only major item missing is a seat.

It's being offered at

no such thing as a bad Bultaco. And especially a Sherpa T.

As for them being better 10 years later, I'm not sure if that was a poor attempt humor or not.

They are relatively simple bikes and wouldn't be much of a challenge to reassemble. Plenty of resources if you get lost.

Thanks for the replies, I know what you mean about better 10 years later - this was my first concern. However on the other hand I have a Montesa 330, one of the last twinshocks made and supposedly very competetive so it might be nice to own an earlier twinshock.

I suppose the value is entirely down to condition on any bike of that age. I have looked on Ebay and there has been a few sold recently ranging from

If I had a choice I would prefer a 250 MAR Ossa, or 250 Majesty. Perhaps if I don't like the Bult then I can look to sell or swap (any offers!!)

Steve.

It doesn't sound like the Bultaco is your flavour, please find it a new home to someone who will love it and feed it.

recent ebay research (ermm the usual constant trawling looking for twinshocks) has shown a slightly depressed market of late (my Jumbo didn't reach reserve). Personally, any twinshock <

It doesn't sound like the Bultaco is your flavour, please find it a new home to someone who will love it and feed it.

Lol, you're right. My first ever Trials bike was a Yamaha - TY80 of course. I then had a Montesa Cota 123, and onto Fantic 240 and more Yam's. I have never owned a Bultaco so have no emotional bond with them. I am hoping that given time we will bond. Sometimes you have to work that little bit harder in a relationship.

If it doesn't work out then perhaps it would be better try and find a new home for her!

hi Steve

I ride Bultaco's regularly in trials in the Oxfordshire & Gloucestershire area. The Bultaco your talking about will probably be a model 151 or 159 (look at first three number so on frame or engine which should match). First thing. If you ride modern bikes the Bultaco will feel like a great lump in comparison and to ride in modern events you will lose many marks as they don't turn jump or stop like modern machines. Also a Bultaco of that era, in comparable ability hands will not compete against the likes of a late Majesty and especially a Fantic and the very late twinshocks. However, having said all that I love them and at a trial where the sections are laid out for older bikes (most pre-65 clubs welcome twinshocks) you will have a great time competing. The 350 has lots of torquey grunt and if set up properly a fine power delivery.

Maintaining them is easy, even spliting the engine, and the parts are readily available from Bultacouk or regularly come up on ebay.

If i were you I would buy it, put it together and enter a trial and see what you think. Bultacos in good running order of tha era can fetch

Hi all,

Well I went to look at the bike / pile of bits yesterday. I was very pleased with the condition of what I could see and had no hesitation in buying it.

I'll collect it Saturday and if anyone is interested put some more info and perhaps piccies up.

Just a couple of problems already noticed. Clutch cover has a mounting point broken off - the one that sticks out on a leg, does it give support when the actuating lever is pushing the clutch rod in ?

The seat is missing and the tank has no tap or cap.

On the plus side it has a new piston although it hasn't been rebored so not sure if there will be any slap / rattle. Many of the components have been re-sprayed - Frame, tank, brake plates. There are some new bits like Mudguards, brake shoes etc.. The forks and yokes are complete, the sliders are in good condition but one fork leg looks to have been welded on the spindle clamp. A bit of over tightening somewhere in the past perhaps. How good the repair is I won't know until it snaps!

Overall I am very pleased and really looking forward to getting it home and trying to put it all together. The current owner has even offered to help if I get stuck! I guess I'd better not put it straight on Ebay !!!!

At least if there are any bits missing they will be available - unlike my Cota 330 which still has no airbox :P