Youth Nationals

brian r

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Brian:

I am happy to say that we are making the long trip from the Westcoast of Canada this year to to TTC. A homecoming of sorts for me. First time back in TN since I lived there and was a memeber of the STRA in 1987-88. My son Matt is signed up and we are so excited about our trip. The whole family is coming and we are very lucky to have some tremendous support from our good friends Barry and Renee from Huntsville, AL.

Looking forward to seeing old friends again, meeting all of you on here that I have not met before, having a great week, and helping my son do some great riding!

Cheers, Steve

Edited by Steve Fracy

It's still not stopping us. Here in California Diesel is well over $5.00 a gallon, but we'll make the trip. We're just taking as many extra bikes as we can to help pay for it. Anybody in Arizona, New Mexico, Texas, Oklahoma or Arkansas need their bikes picked up and hauled there?

We'll be down again this year <_< !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's the highlight of the summer, I just wish that the gate trial was on Thursday not Tuesday!

Look forward to meeting you Fraceman. How's your son like his new bike????????

What a novel idea, all you need is a motor home and trailer to pick up kids(adults) and bikes along the way!

Unfortunately, Fracy is out of the loop, but I sense that he he may bring his bike to get in a little riding time!

You guys(adults) buddy up and take the tour up sawmill to the falls and make it across to Lampkin falls on the loop! See Dan for a giude so you do not get lost! He can give you a REAL group ride! <_< Just ask!

Spinner:

Thanks, looking forward to meeting you too. Matts bike is awesome! He has gained leaps and bounds since getting it and is now riding some of the lines I ride! Very, very happy with everything on the little GG! Copey are you gonna be there....I will have use of my buddy Barrys Sherco while there,and after seeing there is gonna be a gate trial, thought I would ask him if I could enter that! Hope you guys have lots of advice for a YOuth National rookie! Spinner, what class and how old is your son!

Steve

Steve,

The best thing I can say is be there for the youth camp the week before, if for no other reason than getting used to the weather. With the humidity we're dying the first few days, but by the time the competition starts we don't even notice it. The camp is also a ton of fun <_<

brian

$4 gas has limited our trips but not to the youth nats hoping to get there tuesday maybe wednesday we will have 3 riders this year as both girls are going to ride.

Mr Fracey

Looking foward to meeting you. New young riders are the key to the youth nationals as several will graduate this year and next. Hard to believe next year will be our last year (unless one of the girls get serious) seems like it was only last year we made our first trip not knowing what to expect this will be our fifth trip this year.

r2wtrials Posted Today, 01:31 PM

... your trying to rub it in aren't you!!! Over $10 a gallon here...

I heard from a friend that was just over there how bad it is. I'm guessing you guys don't travel over 2,000 miles each way to a trials though. If we where a $10.00 I'm sure I wouldn't either. I only paid $5.17 for diesel today <_<

Steve (Fracy) and others, I wish I could make another trip out there after the WR, but time and money does not allow.

Steve(Spinner) seems to already be experiencing some of the "teacher becomes the student" and yes it will happen, but only if you are lucky enough!

Kids will be kids, and they eat it up riding together, you guys do the same, you bunch of kids get together too and make a few loops! The kids can take care of themselves for a bit!

You guys may have to kick it up a notch to stay ahead of them! Just see how far you can get along the rocky creek behind the cabins for a warm-up! It can get real fun!

MC

Spinner:

Thanks for the info on your son! It is all new to me and after studying the rules etc I still dont know what Matt will ride. He just turned 12 so is eligble to ride the 11yr old class, but I just want to make sure the top line for them is not too easy, so giving him an option to move up to the 13yr old class. I dont have anything to judge it by till we get there. I only know that he is riding and almost winning Int class at home now against adults and is the youngest by far in his class. It will be fun for us for sure to see all the other kids riding as he is usually the only one!

Steve

I am coming again this year! The gas prices are getting tough. I am pulling a camper this year too. Luckily I found a nice little one that my Ranger can pull. I get about 13mi to the gal with it behind me. The hardest part is finding someone else to come with me! Other people I wanna take are low on $ b/c of the gas prices. Hope I can tempt someone enough to come and be my minder!

Last year was my first time and I too did not know what to expect. I picked the 2 line just to get onboard, then I looked at the sections when I got there and decided to give the 1 line a whirl. I also had been worried about being bored with the line I originally picked. It was no problem for them to switch me to the other line. I recommend this for anyone coming without an idea of what to ride.

I like the gate trial being on Tuesday. That way I can ride and have wednesday to relax before the punishment begins on Thursday. Just a perspective from an older/adult rider. Gate trial can't happen on Thursday, since that's the first day of the competition this year. They're starting on thursday to give people a chance to drive home on Sunday this year.

See you all in 26 days!!!! :banana2:

Laura

Laura is tough! I think I may have met her there before there! Maybe at TTDays?

Even if you don't find someone to go along, hook up with any of these guys and they will surely help you along! :banana2:

Don't be afraid to approach Ryan either. Many times he can and will offer up a bit of help and guidence !

Edited by copemech