1988 Kickstart Pro-am

zippy

Part 1

Part 2

Part 3

Graham Jarvis as a Youngen, John Lampkin, Steve Saunders..........what more could you ask for?

:wall:

Wowzers some of the youngens have a few nasty crashes but none gave up. Very determined riders.

Edited by ZIPPY

Zippy you beat me to it, was just about to post the links to them, how great to see more kickstart action on youtube. Made my day!!! :wall:

Bosis went on to make it a double win when he also won the adults only final, this sadly turned out to be the final series.

I visited the place were this was filmed last year, hasn't really changed in 20 years.

Anybody know if Dougie was in this event, he came so close to winning junior kickstart later that year.

Edited by KICKSTART101

I never understood why the cartoon bike in the title sequene was an enduro, always thought it looked like a Maico. What happened to the kids who arent household names now?

Apart from Wayne Holdsworth who still rides im not sure about the rest.

Ian Needham rode in junior kickstart until 1991 making the final in 89 and 91,

Andrew Johnson also did junior kickstart making the final in 89, 90 and 91.

Russell Brass made the final of that year

I never understood why the cartoon bike in the title sequene was an enduro, always thought it looked like a Maico. What happened to the kids who arent household names now?

Saw Ian Needham's dad a few months back and used to see Luke Wood another Junior Kickstart regular when i worked at a local gym, he even made a brief comeback and was still just as good. Watching Ian in that video brings it home how awful i must of been, he seemed untouchable back in those days so to see him struggle make me glad theirs no footage of me from the same era.

Awesome memories :wall:

Saw Ian Needham's dad a few months back and used to see Luke Wood another Junior Kickstart regular when i worked at a local gym, he even made a brief comeback and was still just as good. Watching Ian in that video brings it home how awful i must of been, he seemed untouchable back in those days so to see him struggle make me glad theirs no footage of me from the same era.

Awesome memories :wall:

Those conditions looked pretty brutal. Rain + Mud. Although some of the Pros were unaffected.

Another short clip here featuring Dougie during his heat in 1991 , this was from the final series filmed at Bay farm near towcester just down the road from the original kickstart site at easton neston. short clip but worth watching. :wall: was seriously muddy there too.

i just seen me with steve saunders, im right at the end of the 2nd one and first on the 3rd one!!!

we won our heat and went last in the final, it absolutely poured with rain just before we went and thats why we finish 3rd overal :wall:

my work mates can't believe how skinny i was!!!

wayne

• 2 months later...
Part 1 pleace can you send me all three video as so as pos

Part 2

Part 3

Graham Jarvis as a Youngen, John Lampkin, Steve Saunders..........what more could you ask for?

:D

Wowzers some of the youngens have a few nasty crashes but none gave up. Very determined riders.