Wtc In France (updates)

I'm pulling for Johnathan to overtake Moret on the second loop.

CHALLONER - 15

FERRER - 18

BOTELLA - 25

PASTORIZA - 25

DAGNICOURT - 29

MORET - 30

RICHARDSON - 33

Juniors, first loop.

GUBIAN - 29

WIGG ALEXZ - 36

GRATTAROLA - 38

DANBY - 42

SCH

Edited by City Trials

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I gotta say that the atmosphere in the little town of Maisse was superb. Closing it off and letting trials folk take it over was pretty impressive I have to say.

On the down side, the sections were a tad on the severe side and some just ridiculous. Asking riders to attempt harder and more severe sections with only 1 minder is going to end in someone getting very badly hurt. I saw many many crashes yesterday (Ross also had a bad fall backwards onto a rock with the bike landing on him). Big rocks, at severe heights, which then get wet!

Anyone else with any comments?

One of these lads or lasses are going to get seriously hurt or killed one day, sections are getting bigger year by year especially the indoor trials. I dont even bother watching the indoors now its like an extreme sport that has no conection to what most of us do every week.

On the down side, the sections were a tad on the severe side and some just ridiculous. Asking riders to attempt harder and more severe sections with only 1 minder is going to end in someone getting very badly hurt. I saw many many crashes yesterday (Ross also had a bad fall backwards onto a rock with the bike landing on him). Big rocks, at severe heights, which then get wet!

Anyone else with any comments?

All i can say is,the WTC is starting to bore the tit's off of me.Eventually it will kill it's self.

I was looking for comments on the sections from people who were there (Like Dabster) to be honest

On the positive side, there were a lot of people there watching and also a big entry, so there are people enjoying it for sure.

Also, besides the actual trial itself, I really liked the whole atmosphere that the little town aspect of it created. :blink:

Aye, did you and the Dabster kiss and make up or did you have a love wrestle in the mud?

:D

I saw him and he saw me.The look was like gunfighters at 20 paces . No actual dialogue was present..... It's a start I suppose :)

I saw him and he saw me.The look was like gunfighters at 20 paces . No actual dialogue was present..... It's a start I suppose

It seems Alexz and Ross get along better than you two do. Would that be a fair statement to make?

Just had a message from Atomant... he is sitting on an Italian mountain side with a beer and it is around 30 degree's C. Overlooking the sections for this weekends round!!!

Also had a message from a friend who was in France last week and has been to other rounds... he reckons the sections are just silly now, comes to something when the likes of Freixa only gets through a couple of sections all day!! Just too much "big stuff"... should be more technical bits with a tight time limit he reckons. Definately not back to no-stop, they will just make the steps bigger to stop the top guys!!... he says.

This is the one aspect that I still can't get my head round.

This friend perhaps failed to mention that Bou actually fived section 5 on a bit not far from thr green route, maybe 25% through the section, way before the 3 big steps.

The "bigness" is not the problem (wasn't ness in France) but section design. If Bou can 5 where he did and browny get passed that point and clean the big stuff (he dabbed lap 1) it is section planning and careful examination that is the problem.

I don't know what Dougie or any recent top riders are doing next year but he could do a good job of modifying or moderating the sections on the inspaction lap. Can't see it happening though.

(I am not having a go at you heath just using this as an example)

I saw him and he saw me.The look was like gunfighters at 20 paces . No actual dialogue was present..... It's a start I suppose :)

Was that as you drove by in the Audi?

Anyway it was the biggest car there.

Big car little di** as the saying goes. :D

Now where did I put my cinquecento keys :blink: