Trevor Hunt Trophy Trial

pitley

I've done a few words on the trial on My website, but with being knackered keeping up with Mr Bliss and being braindead, i left my camera at home and concentrated on riding all the sections really badly (my worst ride for a while)

I'll add some comments and appreciate any more feedback as Pitley and the rest of WVAC plan for the next event. There was lots of good discussion in the pub last night and 18 club members came to along to provide comment and opinion. They'll be a few taking their test and/or buying road-registered twinshocks methinks ....(Stu, I have a nice SWM 280cc lined up for you). Pitley's already located some new ground and there was even discussion on making it a two-day trial :-)

Now the event has been run, there's lots of enthusiasm and confidence for running national events back in Western Centre....and why not, the countryside is excellent

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gentlemen.

Thanks for your kind words of praise and importantly your constructive words of advice.

All comments have been taken on board, and yes i fully agree that if we get a Traditional round in 2009 then the championship route will get tweaked to suite more competant riders.

If we dont get a round then it will still be tweaked a bit like using the step in lodge wood also the waterfall in slough dingle.

The whole area is a trials riders dream imho and theres alot of virgin sections out there to be ridden, i have already started talking to landowners about next years event, and to date a group is on the cards on the side of the mountain in the village of the start.

Also a possible group in the northern part of the trial.

I appreciate riders of modern bikes need a bit more to go at but i dont want to make it too hard for the riders of older machines, as i lean towards the older bikes( just my opinion not the clubs).

I would like to take the oppertunity to thank all you chaps for travelling such great distances to support our event, also i would like to thank all the landowners, helpers, observers, who made this event possible, also thanks to Dan Sanders for doing the secretary job and sorting out the results, and Malcom Herbert the 2nd for running about in the last week before the trial,making hill lane passable and helping out with marking out the subs and route marking.

See you all next year :lol:

Regards Andy

Edited by pitley

An excellent trial Andy, one that you and the Wye Valley Club should be proud of. Thanks for all the hard work and for arranging such pleasant weather, I thoroughly enjoyed it. See you at the Percy Chadney, Dave

It's not in TMX (Chadney trial)nor the regs aren't on ACU website. Is it still on or are the WVAC lads still p***ing it up at Longtown ?? :lol:

Edited by bo drinker

It's not in TMX (Chadney trial)nor the regs aren't on ACU website. Is it still on or are the WVAC lads still p***ing it up at Longtown ?? :lol:

Yes trial still on, ring dan for an entry 01981 259890 or 01981 250458.

If your SWM mal works as well as the one I saw at the road trial then I'll buy it, but I suspect you might have to add a few bits to it first :lol: ...not that Im knocking that, so PLEASE lets not change the thread into that old chestnut...plus, I think Id probably have to learn how to ride like that guy first too!!