Sherpa Carby

scorpa4banger

Aah, the West Island (NZ joke).

If you can't get a good Mk 2 concentric, then you can consider a DellOrto PHBH 26, as fitted to most of the GG bikes. Std set up is fine except you need to have a 95 main jet, or if you can't get one, solder up the original (118 usually) and drill 1.00 mm, that's close enough. Works perfect. Have fitted these to many Bultaco's, 325 & 250 also Ossa 250. Never had any joy at all with the Mk 2 concentrics (used) they were just plain awful. If you are stuck I have everything here in the mainland!

Bye, PeterB.

Hi mate cheers for your help

couple of questions 1stly where can I get one ? what sort of throttle cable would I need ? the throttle is chrome and spilts into two halves not sure if thats standard or not ? also would I need any differant size rubbers on the inlet and outlet ?

so all you need to do is order a standard carby but with the differant jet ? is the pilot and needle etc still okay ?

thanks

As the Cuz Bro ( Oz joke ) says, the Dellorto will do. As to throttle, and cable, use the standard Sherco SLOW ACTION twist grip and throttle cable-plenty of spares, save soldering bloody cables

• 2 weeks later...

Hi branc,

You can consider a DellOrto PHBH 26, as fitted to most of the GG bikes. Std set up is fine except you need to have a 95 main jet, or if you can't get one, solder up the original (118 usually) and drill 1.00 mm, that's close enough. Works perfect.

60 slide, D36 needle, 270K needle jet, 33 pilot, pilot screw out approx 3.5 turns.

I have also tried a Keihin flat slide PWK 28 with std jetting for a Gasser, but with 100 main jet, works the best out of DellOrto, Mikuni and Amal but then when I fitted this I also fitted a PRO reed valve block and did a little porting work so it was not a fair test.

Bye, PeterB.