Yamaha Ty250r Converted To Twinshock

davieboy

Simple solution. If any of the riders (or entrants) entered in the event are bothered, then they can always put in an official protest.

If this happens a few times, the issue will become irrelevant. Either; the converted bikes will stop entering as twin shocks, or a president will be set to allow them.

After reading all posts and being a former owner of a ty mono and a current owner of a 240 the arguement to convert a bike to a twinshock just doesn't stand. I do take on board bikes built in the early to mid 80's (ty mono) having drum brakes wanting to ride in twinshock events but they can't. For me its like driving on a public road and if caught speeding then i get fined, and no matter how much I complain that i was only doing 1mph over the limit the rules are the rules. high-bred bikes (different engine, wheels, brakes) fitted into an original twin shock should be considered, but guidlines drawn up that the engine originally when air cooled the donor engine will be air cooled, like wise with the brakes if drum then the donor brakes should be drum. As for modifying a twin shock with steering head angle changes and engine mods i'm also in favour of these. My own 240 has a standard chassis but with a OKO flat side and i've fitted some wider footrests if you guys think i'm pushing the rules, or have broken them then please let me know?

This one is cut and dried I think. As I said before wouldn't bother me though unless I was in the running for a class win etc then the teddies would be slung if said t shock pinky beat me by one or two. I wouldn't want to be a part of the pre 65 debacle (sp?) that goes on though, I reckon they would be the big bears you see on the fair stalls and slung from the top of the big wheel. :rotfl:

This one is cut and dried I think. As I said before wouldn't bother me though unless I was in the running for a class win etc then the teddies would be slung if said t shock pinky beat me by one or two. I wouldn't want to be a part of the pre 65 debacle (sp?) that goes on though, I reckon they would be the big bears you see on the fair stalls and slung from the top of the big wheel. :rotfl:

Ah crap, another term I need to Google. "the teddies would be slung" Half the time I'm afraid of the explanation.