How To Build A Deer Stand

biffsgasgas

First you get yourself a travel trailer

trailer1.jpg

Next drive it to a prime hunting property

trailer2.jpg

Then shove some poles in the ground. (I know its sad to see some good trials logs put to waste but this may be worth it)

trailer3.jpg

Then get some buddies and some bucket loaders around to help manipulate.

trailer4.jpg

Drink some beer and admire the hard work.

(Note axles must be removed or this project could look ridiculous)

trailer6.jpg

Make sure that you have it chained down because trailers have been known to blow away.

(note several random trials barrels around and how propane does not seem to be needed in this project at this point)

(double note save that propane for later)

trailer5.jpg

Next you will want to build a deck large enough to shoot from.

(note at this point you will want to show it to your horses and your buddy who rides to town on a bucket loader)

Trailer7.jpg

Your buddy who rides in the bucket loader sugests you build stairs because they look civilized so add that.

Trailer8.jpg

Use that propane tank to fire up the grill on the new deer stand.

Trailer10.jpg

Admire the view.

(Note if you live in Texas, have a name that rymes with Pope and have seen this while riding your Sherco you might be a red neck :D )

trailer9.jpg

--Biff

Firstgear,

Nope not my house. I am really Jealous though. That guy had two axles, (so you know it is high end quality) mine only got one.

I didn't have enough money for the front porch. Really makes that first step down a doosey!

:D:D

Mad, completely mad, but brilliant :D

P.S. How d'ya get that barbecue up all those stairs? :D

Ahhhh....it's OK, I figured it out......you put it in the trailer before you lifted it up there :D

That BBQ weighs what, 30-40 lbs at the most? Not hard to haul up the stairs. Did you not see the size of some of those lads?

And that's not a deer stand, that just somewhere to get away from the womenz. In the old days we called them treehouses and they had signs that said, "No girlz alowd".

Edited by swooshdave

Did you not see the size of some of those lads?

Dave has got an eye for the boys. :D:D

And that's not a deer stand, that just somewhere to get away from the womenz. In the old days we called them treehouses and they had signs that said, "No girlz alowd".

Dave your gettin some of your riding buddies worried ! :D

I figured Zippy was in on that!

Specially in south texas, with only little trees, you just park the trailer, feed the deer for a bit beforehand. They just walk up next to you!

On openening weekend all the guys show up. Whiskey, pickeled pigs feet, box of cigars and a case of sardines is the usual breakfast fare!

Steak and potatoes are usually burnt about dark! Never shoot anything but beer bottles, which scares the deer away! :D