Serow Trials

copemech

It'll get done,and no worries about entering as a twinshock - two reasons,first I'm a cr-p rider and second at least one twinshock Yam mono seems to turn up at every trial.

Its not going to be ultra competative either,the starter and battery are quite heavy,and a TY175 frame is not exactly a Godden Majesty - its just an idea thats been hanging around in my mind for years,an all Yam 4stroke twinshock.

What about one of the bliss bikes Jon?, I don't know a great deal about them other than they have a chinese Honda copy engine, look rather nice though.

Not sure how much they cost but judging by the prices the old T/S are fetching there probably a bargain, did I see in another thread 4 k for a Bultaco!!!! I'd love to get into the T/S scene but the cost is puttimg me right off the idea......may as well just stick with what I know in the TY mono, hey up, what about turning a my mono into a T/S!......now there's an idea :crying:

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I rode the Somerton trial this afternoon,and a couple of people asked how the Serow project is coming on.So it has prompted me to get on with it ! Cant say I'm bored with my TY250,but a change would be nice and it would def be the only one around here.

Trouble is I get mixed up in allsorts of kit,and there is only a certain amount of time.I'll be in OZ for most of April,Perth for a week then over to Sydney for a few days then up in the "Sugar" to Port Douglas.Unlike my normal solo trips this is with the wife and kids and I miss the WA drag racing finals at Kwinana by one day.(Not impressed,its a great evening out.) I've only ever been to one trial out there,years ago - maybe next year.....

The Duke will be a nice change,not had a road bike for years,hand cranking old tractors has fixed my 2 yr old back problem,even doctor/consultant friends laugh at me,but it has worked.(Just got to work out how to stay off the booze now :crying: )

• 10 months later...