Week 86 - Thumbs Down For Putting That Wrong, Right

Andy

If you are planning to watch the trial, and several thousand will be out that day (October 18), if you have a road legal machine, then it makes sense to take that, because for sure, watching the trial by car severely limits what you can see.

I would like to point out that those following the Trial on bikes only do so on the public highway & do not follow the course. I would also like to point out that they must also park sensibly & adjacent to the roads, we have previously had issues with bikes being parked near the ancient monuments at Surrender & this must not happen. The area around Grand Canyon & Back Hills is also extremely sensitive, we're being watched, so be warned!

Edited by PERCE

yeh you feel for the guy but what ifthe acu bent the rules. what do you say to those guys who now dont win as he's back in.. sorry lads micks a nice guy so we let him be late, even though you all followed the rules.. oh and how much are you sueing us for.

look at it this way how many times have you heard the acu is full of the same old guys year after year..and yet this time were guarentted new blood and we're complaing..

rules is rules, they might not always fall the way we want, but at least we can count on them to be consistant.

Were not falling over people trying to get into the ACU so when you get a good un', surely the rules can be modified to get him back in ?....

Unless they don't want him back in of course :thumbup:

From a business perspective, when you have a good employee, you try and work these things out. Cutting your nose off to spite your face is futile!

I feel like we haven't heard all sides of the story. I don't like jumping to conclusions. I hear that Mick Wren is a good sort. I'd love to hear what the official side of this story is. I'd also like to hear the down and dirty truth - i.e. Who's he upset, who didn't want him back there for some reason, or was it really a case of rules is rules. No doubt this is being discussed all over the place. Where's the real balanced truth about this one?

Have not been very much involved in all this - as am on way back from TDN in Andorra and at present seem to be stuck on a broken boat in Le Havre - with Beta somewhere in depths of hold.

First - I think the best I can do from T & E point of view is state:

Mick Wren is a valued and hard working member of the T & E Commitee - and I personally guarantee he has 100% support from the ALL the present memebers.

There is certainly no plot, requirement, attempt, desire or inclination within the ACU to see Mick Wren not be a meber of T & E - and I give 100% certainity on that.

It is outside the remit of ANY Committee to be involved in the votes, election procedures, etc etc etc - This is all done by National Council - which consists of delegates form each of our Centres - and through our Clubs we all have access to these delegates.

It is all very well me - or anyone else giving chapter or verse on all this - but I am not a voting delegate - neither is any memeber of T & E - it is not allowed.

Unfortunately - rightly or wrongly Mick's name is not on the list of candidates your Centre will have received to vote for.

It is true that other potential candidates for T &E did not get papework in on time - so Mick is not alone.

One thing I do think we have to be very careful over - is the views of the other candidates - and while I have only glanced at some comments on this site and paper - I do wonder if anyone has given them the courtesy of asking their view?

If the other candiades who did get names in - including two existing memebers of T & E feel the situation for any reason has been flawed, not satisfactory or in any way as good as it should be - the situation can actually be easily rectified - they all all able to withdraw from the election - no candidate would be elected - and there would be a re-election

In about March - when all those - including those already in , those who did not get forms in. those who wished they had put forms in - and Uncle Tom Cobbly and all - could all go back into one big melting pot - and highest three scores are duly elected?

Might be a possibility - but could never even be considered unless those already on the list feel this would be fair? I really have no idea - it is up to them to decide - but obviously it would have to be 100% or nothing - and no way could the two existing members leave their names in the hat - it would be all or nothing - and only they could decide if this was fair and equitable - obviously taking into account all they have seen and read about it all