Which Helmet

manwithtool

HMMM well I'm out, was gonna suggest the NZI trivent. :huh:

It's what I got,

I like the lightness and the venting is nice on hot days, a tad bit chilly in cooler weather.

And after 3 yrs now It really STINKS to high heaven. The innards are not removable to wash. Been using Fabreeze antibacterial on it. Helps a little.

Edited by ZIPPY

Defo try on as many as possible, as head shapes differ quite a lot ! Though as Perce says, go for the Airoh Rock if it's a good fit, i did and and can't fault it, lighweight with an removable inner so you don't have a smelly helmet........................... ! :huh:

Zippy,

No one should have to tolerate a stinky helmet. (I'm sure I overheard my wife use that line in conversation the other day. Funny, she's never expressed any interest in motorbikes before...).

Being a multi-modal motorcyclist, I ride tracks too and man, does your bonce sweat in a full facer after 20 minutes of near-death experiences! On advice from Shoei, it is easy to clean a helmet to the point where it smells sweet. Use a shower head and mild shampoo and spend 20 minutes squirting and rubbing <ahem>. You will probably go pale when you see what comes out, but it really does freshen up well. It's quite possible your 3-year old hat is a bit far gone, but if you give this a go once or twice a year, it will stay pleasant.

Don't dry it in the tumble drier though...

You can last 20 minutes?????? You are a GOD!!!!!!

Oh wait we are talking about something else.......oh sorry my mistake.

I will have to give it a go.

How difficult is it to get all the shampoo rinsed out?

tried the tumble drier with shoes once..........had to keep closing the door, darn shoes knocked it open.

Had you taken them off first?

Much the same with the cat...

How hard is it to get the shampoo out? A lot harder than getting the dirt in! In fact the 20 minutes is 1 minute washing and 19 rinsing and swearing. Oh hold on, we're talking about something else again...

:D