How Do I Mesure 80:1 Mixture ?

gasgasrob

Hi all, lots of the oil bottles have the desired measuring system buit in , usually marked with different percentages on the side.. so as correctly stated 2% equals a mix of 50:1..

50:1 is NOT 2%........ :D

50:1 means 50 parts petrol to 1 part oil, so you have 51 parts in total, one of which being oil which gives a oil percentage of 1/51 = 1.96%.

50:1 is NOT 2%........ :D

50:1 means 50 parts petrol to 1 part oil, so you have 51 parts in total, one of which being oil which gives a oil percentage of 1/51 = 1.96%.

Steady on teach ;)

I think you'll find that measuring the oil using a babies bottle and using a filling station pump to measure the fuel it's exactaboutly 2%

If you use 1.96% you leave too much in the bottle and if you rinse it out with fuel from the can, you always spill some, equating to 1.984%

:rotfl:

If you're worried about 2ml difference in 5litres of fuel, you're not drinking enough the night before.

Now what IS gonna make the bike run real rough, is when you look up at the black nozzle you've just pumped the diesel in with :rotfl:

Copemech

I love the way the USA is slowly moving to the metric system. fl/oz and Ltrs in one sentence, class. ;)

I was wondering if you might catch that, fact is, I am soooo converted that can rattle it off the head mostly.

I actuall find it a bit odd that you silly Brits and Scots are measuring you auto's in miles rather than Km!

Kmh is MUCH faster you see, for a given speed! Almost gives the same mental impression as my bifocals on the dangly part!

HUGE difference, I could be a 10! cm!

:D