What Is Consisderd High Milage?

tom1

looking at an 06 sy 125f and its done about 800miles is this a lot for that sort of bike or about right?

ta

Really hard to say though - In some areas, you might only cover 5 or 6 miles in every trial, but have the nuts screwed off it every weekend for 2 years (100 trials x 6 miles still below your 800).

I wouldn't base it too much on mileage, it's what the bike feels, looks and sounds like, and whether you can find out how much TLC it's had over the years.

As it's a Scorpa it could have been pulling a plough for 2 years ;)

P.S. I really am joking, I don't get on with Scorpa's too well, but i know a lot of people do, so ignore my constant ribbing :D

I saw an advert in a magazine where a Scorpa 125F longride had covered 3000 miles, it was used as a small greenlane bike. Those Yamaha engines are very very durable. If it was used for trials the milage is probably about right and at 800 miles is not very much at all. As previous people have said the overall condition of the bike will help judge and if it is running nicely, I would'nt be too concerned.

It's the same engine as the Yamaha TTR125 kiddies mx bike and also the SR125 custom style road bike.

I'd bet that ridden onthe road with taller gearing, it would be good for 20,000 miles at least.

Now that's not the same as 800 miles of trials riding, but they really are built to last.

It's the same engine as the Yamaha TTR125 kiddies mx bike and also the SR125 custom style road bike.

I'd bet that ridden onthe road with taller gearing, it would be good for 20,000 miles at least.

Now that's not the same as 800 miles of trials riding, but they really are built to last.

They certainly are. Does that little YBR road bike use the same engine? if so they are nearly as bombproof as the CG125

Condition matters not mileage, take miles on a trials bike with a pinch of salt. I have a 125 and they are a cracking bike. Low maintenance being the key and I have a few bikes and the Scorpa is the one that is staying here. If it was sold it would be replaced with another, maybe 175 but probably not. I will be at Golden Valley trial tomorrow (Sat) with a mate on one as well and maybe one or two more. They are cracking bikes, go for it.........