Yamaha Input Into Scorpa

Guest Yamaha_dude

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Will be intersted on the performance of the 175. I dont feel my 125 is underpowered (for me anyway), but you always want that bit more !

Has anyone tried the 143cc kit from the states - is there much difference? just it seems good value at $300.

Not sure on the silver frame for 05 mind..............

But it still looks class !

John.

Using negative publicity positively ??

Everyone knows the 125 4T because of the ugly rear mudguard. Change it, and no-one talks about it !

Hey - I'm just off for a job in Marketing !!!

Anyway, imaginative use of Blue and Black thick decal sheet and the odd Yamaha sticker and it suddenly becomes a thing of beauty ! - honest.....

John.

Interesting thing... If you look at the latest TodoTrial posting on the 4T, and send it through the Spanish to English interpreter, you can pick up on their comments about the rear fender, down near the end of the article. While the language conversion is rough, you can gleen that they like the rear fender in that it is unique and adds an "aggressive" touch. Sort of like we would say that something looks like it is moving, even when it is standing still.

I have to admit that the rear fender is my least favorite aspect of the bike. If you look at the Scorpa.fr website, and check the accessories catalog, you will see an optional "competition" fender for the 4T. The angle of the picture makes it tough to tell much about it, but the verbal information I was able to get my hands on reports that the bend and curvature of the edges is defferent than previously offered. While it is still not the SY250 fender, it is supposedly a more attractive piece than the original. We will have to wait and see what the SY175 actually shows up with.

Edited by DGShannon

Interesting thing...  If you look at the latest TodoTrial posting on the 4T, and send it through the Spanish to English interpreter, you can pick up on their comments about the rear fender, down near the end of the article.  While the language conversion is rough, you can gleen that they like the rear fender in that it is unique and adds an "aggressive" touch.  Sort of like we would say that something looks like it is moving, even when it is standing still.

I have to admit that the rear fender is my least favorite aspect of the bike.  If you look at the Scorpa.fr website, and check the accessories catalog, you will see an optional "competition" fender for the 4T.  The angle of the picture makes it tough to tell much about it, but the verbal information I was able to get my hands on reports that the bend and curvature of the edges is defferent than previously offered.  While it is still not the SY250 fender, it is supposedly a more attractive piece than the original. We will have to wait and see what the SY175 actually shows up with.

Doesn't the photo of new Scorpas lined up outside the Scorpa factory posted by Ben R in this string show the latest SY175 including the rear mudguard?

Nah - those lined up are sy125's, but the 175's will look the same except with an sy175 sticker on the guard. I'll find a photo I got from intermot of the 175 and post it in the next day or so.

cheers,

ben_r

Interesting Ben r, i have an 175 on order due in next week

thanks for pics

Vinnie

Where did you guys get to hear about the 175 model?? I can't find no mention of it on the Scorpa website? the last I heard one was tried in The 04SSDT but broke down!.

They will sell you a 150cc big bore kit but no mention of a 175!