Yamaha Input Into Scorpa

Guest Yamaha_dude

Hi all,

The SY175 only runs the larger piston and sleeve but has the standard crank.

The 150cc kit used by Scorpa has been developed by them and has no relation (apart from size) to the American kit developed by BJ Racing (so I am told).

I am also led to believe you can order your SY175 however you want it (cams, stroker, ignition, the horn black rims, air shocks, whatever) and the factory will send it out that way - but I'm not 100% sure I heard right!!

My guess is they are calling it 175 for obvious reasons (TY175 ring a bell), maybe it's big enough then for "real" men who don't ride "little girly" bikes!! :)

I dont think its such a big deal, plenty of other manufacturers overstate actual bike size:

Gas Gas Pro200 = 172cc

Sherco 2.0 = 162cc

Sherco 2.9 = 272cc

and in a roundabout way:

montesa 315R = 249cc ;)

Sorry for no 175 intermot photos(as promised) - I left my camera at work.

Heres another freebie:

"the only part carried over to the new 4t (from the sy), are the wheels"

cheers,

ben_r

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hello Vinnie,

I am a lucky Australian who managed to get to Europe with a good friend of mine and got to do the following things:-

1. View the swiss world round from thursday to Sunday

2. Visit the sherco enduro factory in Nimes and have dinner with Marc Tessier (and see the sherco enduro R&D facility - my lips are absolutely sealed on that one)

3. Visit the scorpa factory and have Jean-Marc (the legend scorpa export sales guy) buy my lunch

4. Visit the sherco trials factory and top-fun (and score -buy- a set of gaerne pipelines) in one day.

5. Scam a press pass to Intermot and view all the show on press day - with no public

among other things........

cheers,

ben_r

all of this that ben r is telling us echoes what i was told by scorpa uk about the new 150 4t , BUT i was talking to a uk dealer today who told me all about the 125 special edition which is a kind of full racing model ( which i had a quick spin on at the james lampkin training day last week ) which has flat slide carb ,different cdi, cam, wheels, suspension ,brakes etc and is being made in 150 cc too mmmmm very very tempted ! :)

Guest Yamaha_dude

Seems to me like scorpa are the rolls royce or the trials world, very nice, arnt they supposed to be a little more expensive than the rest, until the 05 mont that is.

Seems to me like scorpa are the rolls royce or the trials world, very nice, arnt they supposed to be a little more expensive than the rest, until the 05 mont that is.

I'm riding a 125 Scorpa race edition at the moment, compareing it with a RR I would say both give a plush ride down the road.

Hey scorpa fans,

In the moto verde I scored while over there, someone had a 200cc kit for the 125 on offer - if I can find where I unpacked that damn mag I'll get the details.

As for the official scorpa upgrades - the piston makes it 145cc (or so) and the new crank with the bigger piston makes 172cc.

As far as I know the only "standard model" releases from the factory will be:

TY-S125F - stocker with down spec front end and lights/rego gear

SY125F - stocker with comp front end and comp rear guard - no seat or rego gear - hydraulic clutch conversion

SY175F - as above with bigger piston (only)

SY250 - same as always

Didn't hear anything about the 125Special with 'all' the kit while talking to the boys at Scorpa - but that was already a month ago so it could well be on the cards.

I believe the 160 kit is being developed in America by BJ racing.

Cheers,

ben_r

Would probably look into going down the big bore road in a bout 12months time on mine, this should be enough time to iron out any problems with any of these kits :)

Does anybody know if you would have to buy the Carb / CDI / and the hot Cam to go with the big bore conversion?