What To Look Out For When Buying A Second Hand Rev 3?

tom1

To be honest the things to look out for are pretty much the

same on any trials bike!The stators can fail but you won't be able to see this

when looking at one,some bikes leak fuel more than others ,some do not leak at all,

other than that all you can do is check the bike over as best you can ,run it up have a little ride round on it etc.

right, thanks for advice, and hints fellas, just had a llok at a realy tidy one at a local dealer, but it had the fly wheel weight taken off, and it was a bit lively to say the least!!! lol anyone know how much more gentle it would be with he weight back on? without it, it was going to be way to much for me at he mo :guinness: shame as it felt very comfy

06 beta had a quick action throttle as standard which makes them lively switch it for a slow makes a lot of difference, I cant believe no one has mentioned the fuel , beta s up to 06 leaked fuel from the carb you will find lots of posts on it if you look back, its no real problem, but can be annoying, my casing corried as mentioned cost

ah so it was the throttle not the fly wheel weight that made it that lively then? well, what ever it was, it seemed a hell of a lot livlier than my old mans scorpa 250, which feels pretty good, i'd be tempted to go for one of those just really fancy a beta, maybe i'l look at a 200 then or a 250 with slower throttle and fly wheel weight, :guinness:

thanks for the advice on the leaky carb too, easyil sorted or just something to live with??

ah so it was the throttle not the fly wheel weight that made it that lively then? well, what ever it was, it seemed a hell of a lot livlier than my old mans scorpa 250, which feels pretty good, i'd be tempted to go for one of those just really fancy a beta, maybe i'l look at a 200 then or a 250 with slower throttle and fly wheel weight, :P

thanks for the advice on the leaky carb too, easyil sorted or just something to live with??

dead easy, don't let the carb issues put you off. (most of these scare stories are written by Gas Gas riders.... :D)

Big locked thread at the top of the main Beta pages, look after it, it won't leak.

its not the leaky fies that's puting me off, its the fact that the bike nearlly killed me when i open it up in second!!! lol the only 250 i've ridden was the one mentined above and it felt so lively compared to what i'm used to i need to try and find one with the fly wheel weight on and a slow action throttle to see what the difference is, before i buy one i think!