Gas Gas Txt 300

ice_marky

hi use to do trials back in 80s been offerd a 300 is it to much for a restarter help welcome

Not knowing what your skill level was/is makes it difficult to advise you. Give the bike a try, if you can, and that will give you an idea. I've had new riders get along very well with the 300 and others find it too much of a handful. All bikes will react to your input, and your ability to "communicate" with the bike I think is an important factor to consider. Most new riders will generally find a smaller displacement bike easier to start out on.

Jon

cant test it out, doing apart ex with my supermoto with a bike shop , but i really wonted a 200 gas gas but offerd me a 300 gas gas instead dont no what to do now ,helpppppppppppppp

My guess is that if you can horse around a SuperMoto anywhere near it's limits, you'll have little problem with a 300.

Jon

My guess is that if you can horse around a SuperMoto anywhere near it's limits, you'll have little problem with a 300.

Jon

Yeah, but supermoto tracks don't (often) have rocks that jump out in front of you.

Marky, if you find the 300 too much of a handful you can always try to part-ex the piston/barrel/head for a 280 or 250.

A friend of mine started trials last year, he has ridden motorbikes (a loon on a supermoto) for a long time and push bike trials too and was very good at that. He found an '05 300 GG for sale and got it. Throughout the year he found it a bit of a handful so he has downgraded to an '09 250 and finds it much more usable. He is much happier on the smaller bike. For getting back into it i'd recommend a 250 but if a 300 is the only availble for now then downgrading the barrel etc wouldn't be a problem.

ice-marky,I still wouldn't rule out the 300 if the price is right.

It does depend mainly on your skill level but I've heard good reports about fitting a flywheel weight to ''wild- Gassers''.

...And...sit down and I'll tell you a story:

I was out practising not so long ago, with 2 very good riders (names withheld :ph34r:to protect their blushes,National boys even) in a little b1tch of a section.

Then an old school mate of mine (I'm 41 by the way)walked by with his dog,we waffled on about school and the days when he used to ride in the schoolboy trials...so I offered him a shot on a modern bike (04 Sherco)and,yes,you guessed it;

He romped straight through our section 'clean',made his modest,b.s. excuses about beginners luck and new bikes being too powerful..then left!

We were gobsmacked :thumbup: .....I'm just saying what JSE said, if you could ride well then it won't take you long to get back in the swing of things..if you've got the gift..which I haven't :thumbup:

Welcome back to Trials.

ice-marky,I still wouldn't rule out the 300 if the price is right.

It does depend mainly on your skill level but I've heard good reports about fitting a flywheel weight to ''wild- Gassers''.

...And...sit down and I'll tell you a story:

I was out practising not so long ago, with 2 very good riders (names withheld :ph34r:to protect their blushes,National boys even) in a little b1tch of a section.

Then an old school mate of mine (I'm 41 by the way)walked by with his dog,we waffled on about school and the days when he used to ride in the schoolboy trials...so I offered him a shot on a modern bike (04 Sherco)and,yes,you guessed it;

He romped straight through our section 'clean',made his modest,b.s. excuses about beginners luck and new bikes being too powerful..then left!

We were gobsmacked :thumbup: .....I'm just saying what JSE said, if you could ride well then it won't take you long to get back in the swing of things..if you've got the gift..which I haven't :thumbup:

Welcome back to Trials.

cheers dude the story was good lol, just didnt wont to go that size if its going to spit me off every five mins you no what its like u speak to people and they are saying dont go that big that fast, start smaller and work your way up, and if i go up to a 300 it might put me off

because i will be nerverse off its power and wont ride to my abillity

i have heard the 300 is a monster. if you know you can handle it and the price is right, go for it. i ride a 280 pro model bike, my first modern bike, and at times that can be a handful since i dont weigh much, and havent ridden in quite a while.

Any of the modern 280 290 or 300 bikes can get away from you. The 300 is definitely on the high end of that. In low rpm twisties they all feel the same. If you get it what you will notice is that no matter what your situation if you twist the throttle it will go... with or with out you. One piece of advise, if you aren't going with it let it go. It will be fine. If you hang on it will take you to places you may or may not want to be. I had never been able to pull a wheelie in high gear in any other bike but this one. Im a bit power hungry and love mine.

--Biff

Edited by biffsgasgas