Tyre Beaders

bikespace

Just ordered the beeder from www.topfun.com so we'll see how it goes.

17 Euros

plus about 30 quid delivery probably :D

I'll save that much on the swear box though.

Marky, if you need someone to guide you on how much lighter fuel to use give me a shout. I reckon for yours, just fill 'er up :angry:

I use a modified tire chuck to make the tire fill faster. Standard tire chucks do not flow much air. The trick is to remove the innards from the chuck. Since the part that opens the valve core is now missing, you will have to fill the tire with the valve core removed. I use a strap around the tire to get the bead close to the rim. I then slip on the tire chuck (the rubber seal will usually keep it on the stem) and then open the ball valve I mounted onto the chuck. After the bead seals, loosen the strap and keep on adding air until the bead seats. Then you can shut off the valve, remove the chuck, and have plenty of time to install the valve core while the excess pressure is bleeding.

I admit that the donut would be better, and if I could ever remember to buy one, I would. But it generally does not take more than about 10 minutes for the the whole process - including mounting the tire, so it has not been a priority.