Major Health Matters

slapshot 3

OK here is some "food for thought" (pun intended)

If being fat is so bad, evil, contrary to societal values and gonna make you die early..........why are there so many of us (yep I big dude..well round anyway) that ride trials, ride mountain bikes, cut wood, play recreational sports such as volleyball etc..... that have perfect blood pressure, plenty of energy, perfect sugar (not diabetic) and basically told we are healthy in every way except our weight is too high?

I am not trying to sound like being 500 lbs is the new norm for weight, I just want to know why if it is so bad why are there so many that are healthy? (except for weight)

Admit it there are a lot of riders on here that fall in the overweight category but still ride regularly and have plenty of energy and just well feel good most of the time.

I just think the BMI scale may be a bit low for what is normal.

This should get somebody somewhere fired up. :(

Edited by ZIPPY

OK here is some "food for thought" (pun intended)

If being fat is so bad, evil, contrary to societal values and gonna make you die early..........why are there so many of us (yep I big dude..well round anyway) that ride trials, ride mountain bikes, cut wood, play recreational sports such as volleyball etc..... that have perfect blood pressure, plenty of energy, perfect sugar (not diabetic) and basically told we are healthy in every way except our weight is too high?

I am not trying to sound like being 500 lbs is the new norm for weight, I just want to know why if it is so bad why are there so many that are healthy? (except for weight)

Admit it there are a lot of riders on here that fall in the overweight category but still ride regularly and have plenty of energy and just well feel good most of the time.

I just think the BMI scale may be a bit low for what is normal.

This should get somebody somewhere fired up. :beer:

Nice one Zippy :(

Skinny buggers need not respond :thumbup:

Edited by Slapshot 3