The Colmore Cup 2009

pete_scorpa3

I also must say thank you to Andy at Trials Central for providing us with such an excellent internet based facility to promote the trial. ;)

And I'd thank you for providing prompt and comprehensive follow-up. Results first and a good report shortly after. ;)

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think everyone who rode in the trial would agree that time was far tighter than usual this year. We've run the same route and the same groups for a few years now but (as far as I can remember) have never had anyone be excluded on time. This year there were quite a few over 20 minutes late (excluded) and lots more than ten mins late.

One rider I spoke to commented that he'd looked at one section near the end, decided that the best he was going to get away with was a three and elected to ask for a five and miss the queue. At the end, he was still 13 minutes late. Lots of riders said that it felt like there was a lot more queing this year, if this was casued by the new rules of not I can't say.

As far as the Observers were concerned, all who I spoke to were in favour of the new rules.