The Colmore Cup 2009

pete_scorpa3

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, well done to Sam Connor for winning the Colmore.

I have Colin Crease in there somewhere too! I'll confirm as soon as I am able.

Many thanks to all of the observers who stood out in awfull conditions in what turned out to be a VERY long VERY cold wet day! ;)

Here's a shot that just about sums up the conditions at the Colmore this year.

The picture shows Kelvin Watson in section 18 at Top Farm.

100_5477.jpg

Here's one of Becky Cook in action at section 20

100_5454.jpg

And one of Stratford Club member Liam O'Reilly in section 19

100_5464.jpg

Will do Andy, the top four or five are worked out at the finish when the punch cards are handed in, the full set of results with classes etc will be ready soon.

In the mean time, here's one of the best cleans of the day at section 31 in Weston Wood. Remember; the camera flattens out what was a near verticle, muddy off cambered bank. The rider is Chris Pearson.

Cheers

Pete

Stratford-Upon-Avon MC&LCC

The 82nd Colmore Cup Trial 8th March 2009

Sam Connor adds his name to the Colmore Cup, the oldest National Trial in the calender for the third time with a narrow win over Alexz Wigg with Sam Haslam third.

Starting at Downs Farm near Bourton-on-the-Hill in glorious sunshine, most of the 120 rider entry completed the first eight sections in Dovedale Wood with few dramas. Only the tail-enders suffered as heavy rain and sleet started to fall, Chris Pearson riding number 119 lost eight on the steep muddy climbs which was to cost him dear in the final standings.

On the 50-50 non-championship route, Darren Butcher was already stamping his mark, leaving the Dovedale on three marks lost ahead of Peter Archer on seven and Scott Faulkner on eight.

Wrighty had set out two brand new sections over some large boulders in Grove Quarry which posed no problem to the front runners but penalised the lower orders heavily, with only Scott Faulkner and Nick Butterworth cleaning section 14 on the non-championship route.

The riders arrived at Top Farm cold and wet from the eight mile ride from Grove Quarry to be faced with a moderate climb at section 16 along a fallen stone wall. Connor dropped a steadying dab on the loose rubble with Dan Thorpe needing two.

It was the next section at Top Farm that was the first real stopper of the event, the weather had done it

Edited by Pete_Scorpa3

Now that's what I call a good report of a Trial - Info leading up to the day - great still and video clips, followed by a well

written article and results. - congrats to Pete and his crew.

Outlaw Dave

Yes Pete - First class job mate well done ;)

Thanks for that but I have to say the Colmore is a massive undertaking by the Stratford club each year, a lot of people put in a hell of a lot of work in the weeks leading upto the event, as well as on the day.

We are lucky in that our committee is quite large and very able. From dealing with land owners, setting out, completing results and even getting those 80... yes 80! observer/puncher positions filled; it's a real team effort.

I also must say thank you to Andy at Trials Central for providing us with such an excellent internet based facility to promote the trial. ;)