Is It Wrong To Laugh?

thespikeyone

Excellent Vid

Yes it is ok to Laugh.

I like the guy Zapping onto the rock and then skillfully "kissing" his front tire on the tree, and then proceeding to have the front end tuck under and down he goes.

The next guy on the railroad tie boxes takes a hell of a fall though.

There are a few nasty crashes,

how many of us have done the "phantom" dab? (put your foot down and there is nothing there to put your foot on, and then you just continue down mucho scary for me)

wri5hty Posted Today, 09:43 AM

you have got to admire the bravery of some of the catchers they put themselves in harms way also.

I have heard that on occasion a minder has lost body parts. i.e. fingers

Which brings on the following question.

Are all trials riders and minders just one foot away from the loony bin?

Who else would look at some of that impossible stuff and think "Yep I think I can get the bike up there."

and his buddy says "I'll hang onto a rope and lean way out from the cliff so I can catch your bike if ya don't"

Totally mad lot we are.

My friends and I rode a hill climb years ago on our Betas. It was fun and we did OK against the bikes with swingams as long as my whole bike. What was funny to me is after running out of momentum and stopping I just pulled in the clutch and prepared to turn it around to ride the off camber over to the access road on the side of the hill. The hill helpers were most agitated. They started screaming Turn it off! TURN IT OFF!!! I guess they're used to 150hp monsters going out of control.

My favorite part was the announcer at the bottom when my buddy rolled up to the starting line, "The next rider is on a Beta...Whatever the hell that is."

I had one of those phantom dabs from some wooden wire wheel drum things and only fell 4' or so and twisted my knee and ligaments. It took 10 months for it to be something like.

Picture what damage some of these offs could give you.