Ringo

brian r

Just saw him two weeks ago at a local event. He's still Ringo (if you know him, you know what I mean). Here's a write-up he posted Wednesday on our SoCal Trials email list:

The Truth about the Trials Tire

Most of us have heard the grandiose story about the guy who put a

trials tire on his Yamaha dual purpose bike to test it. As the story goes,

the rider was extremely pleased with the tires performance in every

type of terrain from sand to street and got somewhere between 1000 and

1500 miles use out of it. Being a trials enthusiast for the past 8 years

and knowing what incredible traction the trials tire gives a bike I

decided to put a new one on the back of my KTM 520 to see if the hype was

justified. Having ridden desert bikes since high school [now I

Missing the NHL on this side of the Pond as well, yup we play hockey in Britain too. We also get Hockey Night in Canada Live during the season on a channel called NASN, It's time god stepped down for Don Cherry. They have started showing us AHL and NCAA games just to keep us interested.....Go Leafs Go.....

just have to keep coaching and playing to get my fix

I like the "death of Johnny Ringo" site. I've been to it before but it's a nice tie in to my mysterious disapearance.

Rehab? I see you've heard about the twelve step program to stop crashing. I was subjected to watching videos of the Beave competing in vintage trials and then forced to read his personal write ups describing how he completely anialated the competion on trecherous terrain. It was nearly enough to make me give up the sport altogether.

I did stop by the Betty Ford clinic to visit Nigel Dabster but they wouldn't let me in to see him as he was in solitary confinement due to his constant outbursts demanding the release of Sadam Hussein

Now, do you think you guys can come up with a little bench racing banter other than "Gee I sure miss watching those really cute guys prance around on ice skates" crap?

Fraceman really, if your going through withdrawls over those big burly guys why dont you simply grab hold of a six pack of that Killer Canadian Beer and head down to Chip & Dales for your weekly fix? You might even get them to fight over you again. :D

Hey all you wanna be hockey fans! R2w, nice shot there! The boys puttin the foil on! Every game! Old time hockey, Eddie Shore!

Hey Slapshot3, if I were you I wouldn't tell too many people you are a Leafs fan! Might not mean anything where you live, but over here in god's country it might get you beat up! Rumors of playing for "the other team" if you know what I mean. Get some heart and common sense and start following a REAL team. Vancouver Canucks! The name says it all!

Ringo, my fine dingle-balled friend :D . Hearing you comment on the second best sport in the world, is almost as comical as hearing you talk about your FATT bike. Hey wait a minute, dingle, and balls! Hmmmm! Now I do know why we constantly beat any team from the state of CA. You guys are doing most of your scouting at Chip N Dales shows! You yourself aren't some sort of undercover scout working your way through the minor leagues are you?? That would explain why we haven't heard from you in so long!

PS. When doing your talent scouting, ensure that you bring the proper credentials with you, and don't try sneaking in as press or something! You just might get the boot! :D

So long for now old buddy!

Cheers, Steve

Hey Steve

It get's worse my best mate is a Senators fan..........

Closest I get to BC hockey is following a young protege of mine playing for the Okanagon Hockey Academy in Penticton. Vancouver, nah never heard of them but we all know what they say about the girls in the Western Conference.......

Go Leafs Go :D

start following a REAL team. Vancouver Canucks!

I guess that's a step up from the Leafs...alas a short step, but a step non the less :( Someday my poor Habs will regain their former glory :D ...hey! It COULD happen! :D If the Red Sox can do it, anyone can! :)

...gotta love "the foil" :hl:

Edited by JTT

Hey JTT,

At least in Nova Scotia you can get to see the St John's Leafs, surely thats better than the Habs :D

Hockey Joke: ( a little old cos Jaques Martin got fired)

Poor old Jaques dies and goes up to heaven, he's met by St Peter at the gates and get the grand tour. Eventually they get to Jaques new pad and it's all decked out in Sens colours so Jaques is impressed. However he notices a house nearby, much bigger, more sumptuous, bigger pool, bikini clad bunny girls and it has a big blue leaf on it.

Jaques says to St Peter " Why is Pat Quinn getting a bigger house than me when he gets here"

St Peter replies, "That's not Pat Quinns house, GOD lives there" :D

dy

Slapshot3:

How did you get to be such a big hockey fan??? Although you seem to have limited knowledge( Leafs fan) it does seems to be current enough! Stonehaven eh? YOu should meet up with IanJ and suss things out trials wise, or have you already met?

I feel for both you and JTT. Not sure what is more pathetic, a Habs fan who is in denial, or a Leafs fan who still believes? :D

Cheers, Steve