Are These Boots Worth The Extra Money?

tombo46

I have these boots ---> http://www.trialendurodirect.com/products....manufacturers=5

i found with the hebos that they were shorter, meaning theres less protection of the shins, and personally are not worth the extra money, as they dont really gain a lot (other than a pointy bit ;) )

hope this helps!!

I tried some of these on at GG UK a couple of weeks ago, all the GG UK team riders have them so I thought id give them a shot, wasnt overly fussed on them, just didnt seem to fit me right. the overall quality of them was good though, just wish they fitted me better!

Id like to try on the Gaerne's, are the brown oiled ones actually waterproof? I dont think ive come across a bott that is fully waterproof.

I use sealskinz socks with another pair of normal socks undernief (to absorb the sweat!) but they dont take away that squelchy boot feeling you get, just keep your feet dry.

All the best

Tom

I used to swear by Hebo but fancied a changed. I have these XC-ting boots. Very good boots and extremely durable. The waterproofing didn't last long, like most boots but Seal Skinz work a dream! (although i've actually worn a hole in the heal of one pair!) :D

http://www.xctingdirect.com/product/7511ff...00fdac7fb0.aspx

These ones are cheaper... http://www.xctingdirect.com/product/479ebf...122c791048.aspx

Would certainly buy another pair. ;)

I get by with the help of my friends and the kindness of strangers.............

I was given a pair of Gaerne boots, I am unsure of how old they are, but I have been using them for about 3 yrs, a little beat up but they still work just fine, mostly waterproof, as long as the water stays below the inner "gator" liner thingy. (such technical terms I use ;) ) Only problem I have is something rubs the front of my ankle and wears through the skin, not sure if it is the boots or my ankle braces. quick easy fix is I put band-aids in that spot, no more problem.

I am sure if I buy a pair of boots it will be Gaerne. My friend has worn through the soles of his new Novagars in about a season. Have heard Alpinestars are the most comfortable. Have seen a pair of Diadora stones and it looks like there is a tougher section of sole where the footpeg sits. I kinda like that idea.

Carrier bags work just fine. Your feet sweat on a hot day but good pair of socks underneath absorb that. I've only tried this a couple of time, honest. Seal Skinz are great but expensive and dont last too long if you get grit and sand in your boots.

I used to use Alpinestars but have had gaerne's for years now and wouldn't even bother trying anything else.

Alpinestars are like slippers and have all the water proofing qualities of a teabag (unless you can get hold of some of the specially made dougie lampkin goretex lined chappies) however, with a pair of sealskinz they are the comfiest driest boots on the market. I had some Gaernes for a while and hated them so I guess it all down to the magic of whatever fits you best but at nearly