Are These Boots Worth The Extra Money?

tombo46

Has anyone tried the 'shorty' boots that are around? I've got sticker shock when it comes to the trials specific boots that are available. I don't want to spend money twice but, wowzers, true trials boots are pricey.

Here's an example:

http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com/2/6/3...0-50-Boots.aspx

Thanks,

Bark

Need to get a pair to match my helmet with no back, gloves with no palms, bike with no wheels.

Need to get a pair to match my helmet with no back, gloves with no palms, bike with no wheels.

I gather you're a purist, thats fine. I'm just wondering if there are alternatives to spending close to $400 on a pair of boots. I have spent allot of $$$'s on gear over the years and I don't mind doing so if its the 'only' way to go or even if its the optimum way to go. I don't mind at all trying to save a few bucks either. I wouldn't know if I didn't ask.

Thanks,

Bark

I gather you're a purist, thats fine. I'm just wondering if there are alternatives to spending close to $400 on a pair of boots. I have spent allot of $$$'s on gear over the years and I don't mind doing so if its the 'only' way to go or even if its the optimum way to go. I don't mind at all trying to save a few bucks either. I wouldn't know if I didn't ask.

Thanks,

Bark

A large proportion of injuries are to the lower leg, hence my comments. I would never ride with these, I never ride without my plastic shin / knee protectors either.

A large proportion of injuries are to the lower leg, hence my comments. I would never ride with these, I never ride without my plastic shin / knee protectors either.

Thanks, I appreciate it. It sound like a fellow needs to cough up for a good pair of boots.

Cheers,

Bark

Thanks, I appreciate it. It sound like a fellow needs to cough up for a good pair of boots.

Cheers,

Bark

I was being flipant in my first answer, but see comic injuries re splitting the membrane on the front of my shin re my second response.

Ross

Bark Posted Yesterday, 05:44 PM

QUOTE (B40RT @ Mar 14 2009, 07:54 AM) *

Cheers,

Bark

Yep know of a gentleman that had MANY stitches in his upper shin, right between top of boots and knee, from having a footpeg scrape up his shin, went down to the bone. Tough and crazy that he is, he finished the trial without a complaint.

Thanks for the input everyone =] bought a pair of oiled Gaerne's after many many people reccomended them.

one thing Ill never understand though.....they are meant to be such a good boot, but I never see anyone with them on!

Ill chuck up a review on them if I have time

Thanks again!

Tom

For the high price you pay for trials specific boots, I don't think they offer enough protection. Even inexpensive work boots have steel toes to protect your foot against dropped objects. Several times sharp rocks or cut off roots have hit my foot while riding. I'd sacrifice some comfort for protection.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi i ve had a pair of those crazy expensive hebo's for only four months and they have fell to bits! in the last few weeks both inner ankles have huge holes in them where the stiching has come away. Defo wont be buying another pair!!! going to try a set of alpines this time.

Edited by Duggan