The Scott - What Makes You Do It?

Andy

I had a conversation with JD (of TMX fame) at the finish of the Scott about what makes folk want to put themselves through so much torture and physical pain and neither of us could figure it out. We both decided we're happier BEHIND the lens! It obviously hurts even the fittest so... what makes YOU do it?

Guest Scottie

Gary said after his 1st Scott that he would never enter it again. He had no skip on his helmet, no clutch, a back wheel in the shape of a fifty pence piece, broken mudguard, bent handle bars and that's only what I can remember.

I vowed then I would never go back and watch him go through it again - I haven't. This is his third Scott and three days later his still complaining of aches and pains, but he'll be back for more next year.

Thankfully, that's it for another year!

Sandra

Andy great photo's. The photo of Gary at the finishing line - I didn't realise he has such white teeth!

Edited by Scottie

Anyone know what bike rider No.82 David Cocker was riding? (2nd rider up the stream on the video)

It's not a stream! It's basically a track where rocks have slid off the hillsides over the years & made quite a steady early section. It just shows how much water there was about.

Gary said after his 1st Scott that he would never enter it again.  He had no skip on his helmet, no clutch, a back wheel in the shape of a fifty pence piece, broken mudguard, bent handle bars and that's only what I can remember. 

I vowed then I would never go back and watch him go through it again - I haven't.  This is his third Scott and three days later his still complaining of aches and pains, but he'll be back for more next year.

Thankfully, that's it for another year!

Sandra

Andy great photo's. The photo of Gary at the finishing line - I didn't realise he has such white teeth!

Don't forget he lost his gloves.