Fujigas Takes The 1st Spanish Round!

thespikeyone

This is the point I'm making. It is because of the modern machines and the cyclo trials upbringing, Bou is the most skilful trials rider ever making him the best trials rider ever. His suite of skills far surpass anything that has gone before..

So you think he would beat sammy miller in his hey day tommorrow on an arial?

So you think he would beat sammy miller in his hey day tommorrow on an arial?

You mean Ariel right :rolleyes: Who knows, maybe? But with all due respect to Sammy Miller, the machines didn't allow them to do what Bou can do of course, so as the machines developed, then so did the level of skills and different aspects of it. Hence without doubt, Toni Bou has the best set of skills ever seen on a motorcycle trials bike and that is why I think he's the best ever.

I would argue that riders from different eras cannot be compared. I would say that bou is the best and most skillful from the modern era but on a twinshock its a different thing altogether, and certainly an upbrining on cyclo trails would be little or no help in the past.

George best or ronaldo. Bobby moore or John Terry?

Bobby Moore. As he is the only one with a World Cup Winners medal, you should know that being a Hammers fan.

He has never quite lived up to his nickname 'the destroyer' outdoors as he? with only the two WTC titles to his name, one of those was probably due to the reigning Champion at the time, Fujigas, switching to 4 stroke. However Raga's four indoor titles is impressive, but lets face it he is past his best.

World Championship Results - Ireland

1. Adam Raga - 48

2. Toni Bou - 50

3. Takahisa Fujinami - 70 (8 cleans)

4. Albert Cabestany - 70 (7 cleans)

5. Jeroni Fajardo - 81

Hey CK, Still think Raga is past his best? :thumbup:

I think most of the above are past their best, but since no young rider is showing enough potential to beat them, they will remain the top five all year with the odd change in order now and again.

Bou is younger, riding better and more consistant than any of the others, odds are he will be champ.

If you went on form of the rider instead of what bike they may be riding, you might see not a lot has changed in the past five years.

World Championship Results - Ireland

1. Adam Raga - 48

2. Toni Bou - 50

3. Takahisa Fujinami - 70 (8 cleans)

4. Albert Cabestany - 70 (7 cleans)

5. Jeroni Fajardo - 81

Hey CK, Still think Raga is past his best? :thumbup:

Still a long way to go and one victory doesn't make a championship, but to answer your question. Yes Raga is past his best but he could prove me wrong by going on to win a further 2 outdoor and 4 indoor world titles but I some how doubt it.

If Raga does go on to win the championship then no doubt you will think he is the best trials rider ever.

Edited by Cota Kid

Still a long way to go and one victory doesn't make a championship, but to answer your question. Yes Raga is past his best but he could prove me wrong by going on to win a further 2 outdoor and 4 indoor world titles but I some how doubt it.

If Raga does go on to win the championship then no doubt you will think he is the best trials rider ever.

I still think Bou will win the championship but Raga is definitely NOT past his best. He has had to up his game because of Bou and he's done it.

I would even argue that for Raga to beat Bou, Raga must be riding the best he ever has!

I still think Bou will win the championship but Raga is definitely NOT past his best. He has had to up his game because of Bou and he's done it.

I would even argue that for Raga to beat Bou, Raga must be riding the best he ever has!

If Raga does not go on to better his achievements to date then he is past his best.

Don't get me wrong he is still a more than capable rider and still the main rival to Bou.

He has never quite lived up to his nickname 'the destroyer' outdoors as he? with only the two WTC titles to his name, one of those was probably due to the reigning Champion at the time, Fujigas, switching to 4 stroke. However Raga's four indoor titles is impressive, but lets face it he is past his best.

I can not agree with you, he squashed everyone in 2006 in Tennessee.:thumbup: He is not past his best, Adam is still doing very good, everyone loses some concentration when someone threatens your title...yeah he lost it, but he's fighting to get it back and Toni's fighting to keep it. So he may not be at his best, but he's not past it.

For me, who is the best ever has to be looked at with relativity. The rider who wins the most championships in his era, is the best! No matter what the year, to dominate over a long period of time is very difficult. Dougie and Jordi are the only candidates for best ever! When Bou and Raga are close to or equal in titles, we can argue the point better.