Piracy! So This Is Just Tolerated?

copemech

So once the act is done the military just stands back to watch? As if the rules of engagement have not been met?

We have not witnessed any direct aggression?

Yea, I'm gonna try that with a Russian ship! But of course, they are the ones supplying the AK's and RPG's! Go figure! :dunce:

Isn't the simple answer just not to negociate with the pirates. Who, due to the ransoms paid, have become equipped, better armed and more able to carry out more bigger and daring raised. A bit like throwing petrol at a fire to put it out.

While the use of lethal force, in Captain Phillips case, may have been the only option it will surely only escalate the situation.

An attack on the 'wasps nest' as Eyl is a possibility, but the US and the UN knows only too well how risky carrying out a military operation in Somalia is from their experience in Operation Restore Hope 1992 - 1994.

Isn't the simple answer just not to negociate with the pirates. Who, due to the ransoms paid, have become equipped, better armed and more able to carry out more bigger and daring raised. A bit like throwing petrol at a fire to put it out.

While the use of lethal force, in Captain Phillips case, may have been the only option it will surely only escalate the situation.

An attack on the 'wasps nest' as Eyl is a possibility, but the US and the UN knows only too well how risky carrying out a military operation in Somalia is from their experience in Operation Restore Hope 1992 - 1994.

Agreed, no ransoms, no negotiation, shoot first, ask questions later!

And now they threaten to take action upon nations who do not tolerate them! They have the right of piracy! Is is an open sea is is not! Free for the taking! All we want is your money! What a crock of crap!

Look at it from their perspective and where the Pirates are comming from.

What do they have to loose? Nothing... Literally nothing. (ie food shelter or clothing) Just their lives which are not helping much.

If you lived in the hood, were unemployed with no food and saw a slowly moving truck full of money driving past your house all day long every day you might be thinking that this was a good idea.

I am not defending them and getting shot was probably a good thing but its a cottage industry there. They will only stop when there is a better option or we start making our ships cooler with razor wire and more guns then they have but that may just pause them for a short while.

--Biff (who apparently had a rare humanitarian thought)

Ps shoot them first i agree....

Look at it from their perspective and where the Pirates are comming from.

What do they have to loose? Nothing... Literally nothing. (ie food shelter or clothing) Just their lives which are not helping much.

If you lived in the hood, were unemployed with no food and saw a slowly moving truck full of money driving past your house all day long every day you might be thinking that this was a good idea.

I am not defending them and getting shot was probably a good thing but its a cottage industry there. They will only stop when there is a better option or we start making our ships cooler with razor wire and more guns then they have but that may just pause them for a short while.

--Biff (who apparently had a rare humanitarian thought)

Ps shoot them first i agree....

sidenote:

It is rather ironic, but even the mexicans are getting worried about going back to mexico with all the drug lord shootings and kidnappings. The tourist industry is being hurt and people often do not feel secure.

This is what happens when the gangs and pirates rule, and are soo blatently open with this type of aggression. :thumbup:

copemech Posted Yesterday, 09:34 PM

This is what happens when the gangs and pirates rule, and are soo blatantly open with this type of aggression.

And we get to this point because society has become "overly civilized"

I explain:

Most people are good and respect others.

So those in charge get to the point where everyone has rights and should be treated with respect. Now these "World Powers" don't want to be viewed as cruel and arrogant, so they must find a humane or humanitarian type solution to these "bullies" of the world, because they are humans and deserve respect and their lives are important. Also the law enforcers have laws they must follow in order to enforce the laws........Problem is these "bullies" operate outside of the law and don't care what the law says.

In these types of more extreme "bullying" lethal force may(and is) necessary. Now will it stop the problem right away. NO, but it will stop that "bully" from ever doing it again.

Just me spouting my opinion and negative view point of the world we live in.

Andy.T Posted Today, 03:51 PM

ZIPPY,....talk about being two faced !!!

Just me spouting my opinion and negative view point of the world we live in.

I are slightly confused as to which part is two faced?

I am allowed my opinions just as you are, my negative view point is part of that opinion.

Or

I can spout all day long what my opinions are, I am not forcing anyone to read them.

I am not taking things away (as the "bullys" are)

I am not forcing my opinions or wishes on others.

So again which part is two faced?