Tlr 200 Pic

booma

I never cut corners with spokes.

Actually, I often spend a FORTUNE on spokes.

I've been watching all day for the 20,000th forum post and Charlie posted it with the above post! It was a little secret (for obvious reasons!) competition I was running.

Drop me a line at website AT trialscentral.com with your address and there'll be a few sets of TC stickers winging their way Stateside!

post-24-1101681263.jpg

Been hearing some reports of stainless spokes breaking...on heavy road bikes, though...under heavy use.

I'm not sure about dirt/trials bikes, though.

The reason for my comment questioning whether stainless spokes are necessary relates to the above quote. I recently rebuilt a vintage belt drive bikes wheels and we were recommended NOT to use stainless spokes by the spoke supplier. Glad to have given rise to some debate with my comments!

I never cut corners with spokes.

Actually, I often spend a FORTUNE on spokes.

I've been watching all day for the 20,000th forum post and Charlie posted it with the above post! It was a little secret (for obvious reasons!) competition I was running.

Drop me a line at website AT trialscentral.com with your address and there'll be a few sets of TC stickers winging their way Stateside!

Cool!

Now I can tell the wifey that all the time I spend at TC is worthwhi.....

Well...maybe she wouldn't get it.... ;)

My bike, helmet, etc will wear the stickers with pride.

I'll be sure to save one for the '74 Montesa project!

Thanks, Andy.

Have attached a pic of an original mint RS250 fitted with this tank-seat when new. These bikes are very very good............its a shame that they were never imported into the UK!

I can see the pic of a nice TLR250 but where is the pic of the RS250

I'm really confused with these bikes now. Not trying to be clever here or make a point, just genuinely confused.

I thought the first pic was of a TLR250 because I didn't realise they did a version of it in Japan called the RS250, but the second picture is an RS200 isn't it, not a 250.

I have seen pictures of the Japan only RS250 which were ridden in the SSDT around 1980 and they were nothing like the picture above of the TLR type RS250, or the RS200. They were almost a direct copy of the 360 looks wise. That's why I didn't think you'd posted a picture of it.

Just to reiterate, I'm not trying to be clever here, just genuinely confused now... :(

Slapshot 3 - As regards wheel building it's difficult to give a price as it depends on type of spokes etc. which affects cost. If you look at Central Wheel Components website, they have all prices on there so it's a reasonable guide. They also have rim prices too. Don't have a URL but you can find them on a search easy enough. As an example, it cost me about

The price you are quoting for the tank is very reasonable but will have to wait for the moment!

Finally was sorting out some Honda parts eathought it would be interesting to post a pic of the different tanks fitted to these bikes. The one on the left is RS/HRC replica, the centre Gollner type tank cover, and on the right RTL Honda tank cover.

Is that a Gollner monoshock tank cover? - just that it looks quite wide to me (it may be the colour or angle the picture is taken at.

In the bits you are sorting out what 'non required bits' do you have

The late model RS250 looked very similiar to the TLR on which it was based, but had quite a few major mods to the engine

What are the engine mods? Is the engine still TLR based?

Edited by g4321

OK - Thanks for that. Things begining to look a little clearer now. I see what you mean about the fins on the RS250. I noticed it but thought it was a shadow. I've since found a picture of the RS200 and see one or two differences between the two. Just didn't realise they did the RS250 as a production bike.

So now I see you know a bit about Hondas..... Any idea how an RS200 motor has been converted to 250cc using a TLR barrel. I know of someone who has done it but at the moment can't find their contact details to find out how. Just wondered if you knew.

I'm in the process of getting a Seeley and if I can get hold of a spare engine I'd like to convert it to 250.

Slapshot 3  -  As regards wheel building it's difficult to give a price as it depends on type of spokes etc. which affects cost. If you look at Central Wheel Components website, they have all prices on there so it's a reasonable guide. They also have rim prices too. Don't have a URL but you can find them on a search easy enough. As an example, it cost me about

There was a Seeley on Ebay a couple of weeks ago, that had a 250 conversion.

Yes, his are the contact details I have misplaced. When I've found them I can ask him how it was done.

I've never ridden a Seeley so don't know what to expect when I get it built but even if I don't like it to ride, I just love the look of them. Like you say, they were built as a smaller version of the 360 which was a nice looking bike - almost as nice as an Ossa MAR.... :(

One more thing I'm not sure about. I thought engines in the TLR200 and the RS200 (which is the motor used in the Seeley) were different units. Are they the same unit then, do you know?

Definitely be interested to talk to him if you have a number to find out what he's done to convert to 250 - be even nicer if it would go out to 270 or 280 or so - just to get a bit more punch and torque out of the motor. If it can be done with tiger cubs..... I'm saying this and I haven't even tried the stock bike for power yet, it might be perfectly ok - but I am a touch over 16 stone so then again....

Yes, I can understand him being reluctant to tell what he's done if he's spent a long time doing R & D on it.

First thing is to get the bike running with the standard motor and take it from there. Don't want to do anything that means altering the standard frame on the Seeley.