Fantic 200 Side Panels.

somerset steve

They look very nice, i've made a pair of carbon fibre panels for my 200, i've used zuse fastner ( don't hink that spelt right1) they are a pin that push in and turns to lock into the female reciever that is fixed to frame or weld a nut on back off frame then you could just bolt on with a tidy button head bolt. Sure there's a market for them.

I vacuum moulded exact sidepanel copies for the 200 and 240. They fit perfectly and very quite flexible....a bit pink though.

Trouble was cost and price. I had many people enquire and some did take some but the cost and hence the price was quite high.

If your sidepanels are cheap enough, people will stop making their own. I would turn some original pins though for correct fixing into the rubber grommets...but that drives the cost up ;-(

Lee , Were those yours I got thru Steve Goode ? Flexable to say the least ... I painted mine the right red very lightly and then applied correct stickers and some polyurethane clear over it all and they seem to be holding up well . I also lined them with some heat barrier tape to keep them from cooking like the originals ... I don't remember them being too expensive as they are made from unobtainium ... And my OE. one's had popsicle sticks epoxied to the backside , I put there to keep them from cracking worse ....

Glenn :wacko:

I couldnt agree more, a hidden fixing would be best. However using either a cable tie or a simple fixing would be better than having no side panel or one with cracks all over it.

There are some side panel stickers on evil bay, i have just got a set, they are quite good.

As for the Knob on the gate, hands of that!!!!!!