Lance Armstrong Bust For Illegal Substances

toofasttim

CNN is reporting that Lance Armstrong in in danger of being stripped of his Tour de France "Mr Clean" title..

***In a random check for banned substances, 3 were found in Armstrong's hotel room.

The 3 substances banned by the French, that were found in his hotel room were as follows:

(1) Toothpaste

(2) Deodorant

(3) Soap

The French officials also found several other items which they had never seen before including a backbone...

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:wacko: FUN...EEEEE...

You got to laugh at some of these cyclists who claim that they're clean then new tests find that their samples from 2007 show blood doping..banned....the net is closing . :thumbup:

Actually I should keep my head down as the only person ever to die on the 'Tour' was a distant relative of mine.

There's actually been four. I assume you mean the great Tommy Simpson?

That's the bloke who died on the stage after drinking brandy. Dabster knows all about him he left the book in the hotel in Poland after a WTC. I picked it up and lent it out before getting the chance to read it. The bloke sounded like a right legend.

There's actually been four. I assume you mean the great Tommy Simpson?

My name is Wayne Simpson and yes that's who I meant...pardon my ignorance ,I didn't know of any other deaths.

From what I recall;after a fall from his bike on a mountain road,he asked some spectators to ''put me back on my bike'' he only got a few more yards down the road before he was dead.

Drugs and alcohol were involved.

Edited by HAM2

Mr Tom was a very special rider indeed but like many of that era a victim of having to make a living from cycling rather than being paid a wage their livelihood came from prize money, these pro's would race for 250 days a year+ rather than the 60 days a year many of the current pro's race. If anyone wants to know more about Tommy Simpson then read William Fotheringhams book "Put me back on my Bike"

When you look at cycling today the doping culture appears worse than it's ever been but only because cycling is doing something about it. Look at the protests of the footballers who have fought similar rules that cycling has followed for years. Armstrong's return is the worst thng that could happen, he's managed to shut the UCI up again and we won't see many major doping offences this year because that would tarnish the sheen on the great comeback.

Tommy Simpson died on mount Ventoux, the tour go there again on the last but one day of this years race. Traditionally they stop and pay there respects at the memorial. The French media would love to see Armstrong discredited as there has been no outstanding French rider for years. I think he is the greatest rider of the tour in modern times, a master tactician, and I think capable of another win.

:thumbup: On my dad's side of the family..Yes....I went to my uncles funeral last year and got together with my cousins, it was like an episode of 'Shameless'......for example:Chanel 4 ;)

I totally understand. This is why I do not give you a hard time. You are kinda on edge. :wacko:

How is Disneyland? Did you pet the mouse?

Armstrong is the best rider the t d f has ever seen.

Eddy Merckx....34 stage wins....111 days in yellow..only rider to win Yellow Green and polka Dot jersey in same year (69)

Bernard Hinualt....28 stage wins ......79 days in Yellow.

Fausto Coppi

Gino Bartali

Jaques Anquetil

All of these riders are well ahead of Armstrong, he cannot be compared to riders like Merckx, Coppi and Bartali. Bartali was the best rider in the world in 1938 and won the tour, didn't compete in 39 but would likely have won the next 5 or 6 Tours had it not been for WW2. Don't forget that Mercx also won 5 Giro D'Italia, 1 Vuelta a Espagne and three world titles. Hinault 5 tours, 3 Giro and 1 Vuelta 28

Armstrong by comparison......7 tour wins, 1 world championship.........end of. Armstrong isn't half the rider any of these guys ever were

Edited by Slapshot 3

Eddy Merckx....34 stage wins....111 days in yellow..only rider to win Yellow Green and polka Dot jersey in same year (69)

Bernard Hinualt....28 stage wins ......79 days in Yellow.

Fausto Coppi

Gino Bartali

Jaques Anquetil

All of these riders are well ahead of Armstrong, he cannot be compared to riders like Merckx, Coppi and Bartali. Bartali was the best rider in the world in 1938 and won the tour, didn't compete in 39 but would likely have won the next 5 or 6 Tours had it not been for WW2. Don't forget that Mercx also won 5 Giro D'Italia, 1 Vuelta a Espagne and three world titles. Hinault 5 tours, 3 Giro and 1 Vuelta 28

Armstrong by comparison......7 tour wins, 1 world championship.........end of. Armstrong isn't half the rider any of these guys ever were

Which is why I said tdf. Mercx is my all time favourite although having seen Jan Jansen as a boy he was my hero, to win a tdf from his country was special.

Notice you didn't mention Induran?

Coppi Bartali and Anquetils records in the tdf are significantly worse than lance so can't see your point at all, explain why they are better?