Will Ibsen Injured

city trials

I wasn't there but apparently he had failed the section and was trying to re-ride it. He stuffed the front end into a root or a hole comming up a huge hill climb and beat the bike to the ground. The bike followed suit and hit him in the head from most accounts. Mike Komer (who was the checker) said it was one of the worst crashes he had ever seen. Will wanted to get up and walk out of the sectoin (thats good news) but the group decided against it.

On a happy note the Schuyler <sp? county medical team has been sitting at idle for the past 15 years just itching for something exciting to happen. There must have been 10 emergency vehicles plus a fire truck plus an ambulance and they even decided to fire up the helicopter which really didnt decide to land after apparently not seeing the 10 acre field. Hats off to them and their response. Will got towed out of the woods and should be in good hands by now.

I was heading up the creek watching about 30 riders comming at me so i flipped it around and we all left the woods in a mad dash for section 12. The minder loop had about a foot deep of mud in areas and 30-40 of us were fighting our way through this up the hill. Talk about getting the blood pumping! Sorry to any spectators who had to personally witness this.

--Biff

Will has a broke shoulder blade, scratched up face, sore, and possibly a torn rotator cuff. He was on his way back home yesterday. I think he is getting a MRI done today. I know the Ibsen's appreciate everyones concern about Will. As i get more info i will let you guys know, or Bill may post something as well.

Sorry to hear the extent of the injuries sound a bit worse than the news of Will is going to be alright that we got at the trophy presentation. Having gone through a rotator cuff repair myself I know that he is in for a long road of recovery and plenty of difficult nights trying to sleep ,being younger and in great shape should improve the rehab though. I felt plenty of the Pro lines were absurd and had hoped the riders would look at the risk of some rediculous virgin turf -ultra loose and sketchy steep drops and just say NO ;since whatever safety committee exists must have malfunctioned .,maybe because it was near impossible to claw up the banks of loose debris on foot to get a look at the drops from a riding perspective. Also curious why not one class winner for the season was announced as has been common in past years?? Maybe a case of Government commonality of offering lesser services when revenues decrease?

Edited by northernnorm

It is unfortunate that he is injured.

Some of the things them PRO class riders go up and down, all I gotta say is they got a mighty amount of Testicular Fortitude.

I wish Will a speedy recovery, (well as speedy as this injury will allow).

All I hope is that he allows himself to heal COMPLETELY before resuming riding at that level. Don't rush yourself Will. I think it is pretty common for trials riders to get about 90% healed up and then we start to think "I feel pretty good....and geez it has been soooo long since I rode my bike".........But we as a group just ain't quite right in the head anyways. :thumbup:

I feel Will may be the most underated of all the pro riders. Tough break sounds like it could be worse but a lot of pain and healing ahead. I hope the best speedy recovery

Maybe I ought to start another thread as I noticed he dropped to 4th overall because of the DNF. Im just curious what would be the downside to giving last place points to injured dnf riders.

If Pat would have DNFed the last day he would have lost to Cody by 1 point after winning all year.

Good to see Bill's report on the TTC site! And again, thankfully no head, neck, spine injury for Will!

Only thing worse than a big spill is having your bike come back on you to get revenge! This in itself has killed a few big bike and quad riders!

Wish you the best, Will, Bill and family, they are some really great folks! Keep us posted! :thumbup:

It is unfortunate that he is injured.

Some of the things them PRO class riders go up and down, all I gotta say is they got a mighty amount of Testicular Fortitude.

I wish Will a speedy recovery, (well as speedy as this injury will allow).

All I hope is that he allows himself to heal COMPLETELY before resuming riding at that level. Don't rush yourself Will. I think it is pretty common for trials riders to get about 90% healed up and then we start to think "I feel pretty good....and geez it has been soooo long since I rode my bike".........But we as a group just ain't quite right in the head anyways. :thumbup:

Zipper, Will has a better head than you, and he has to go back to school before long!!!!!!!

copemech Posted Yesterday, 10:54 PM

Zipper, Will has a better head than you

Got news for ya Copey...........He ain't the only one, most everybody does. :thumbup:

Again, I must say Mucho respect for the Pro rider's abilities and a speedy recovery for Will.

(Somebody needs to explain to his bike how to be nicer to it's rider)