Rear Tyre Inflation

jonathan collier

I think he got it!@

I have been witness to some of the tight ones going on, with proper lube, and took the full power of the compressor at over 100 psi!!!!! Scarey!

I attribute mostly to the rims themselves, as it does seem they can vary a bit!

Edited by copemech

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks Team, going for it again this morning with more lube. It's being fitted in readiness for the Manx 2 day. I've been advised to give it a few miles on the road to soften up the tyre wall which sounds reasonable?

Is the first section that close to the start? An old tyre or a run in one is always softer, but I wouldn't take the edge off a new one to do it. If you had a beader then you could turn the tyre on saturday evening if you were keen!

fairy luquid and alot of pressure should do it i had the same problam but be warned it does go of with an very loud ping type sound when it does pop out

Try to use tyre soap as fairy liquid will stay there and help the tyre off should it deflate. tyre soap (you can always get a bit from your local tyre place) seems to disappear(?).

fairy luquid and alot of pressure should do it i had the same problam but be warned it does go of with an very loud ping type sound when it does pop out

Fairy liquid has salt in it which wont improve alloy rims.

• 4 months later...

Now i'm getting desperate...I hate seating a new tyre so has anyone tried the blow on method?

Do you leave the valve in/out?

Do you have to inflate with air ,pronto,when it pings (twice) ?

Now i'm getting desperate...I hate seating a new tyre so has anyone tried the blow on method?

Do you leave the valve in/out?

Do you have to inflate with air ,pronto,when it pings (twice) ?

The 20" bicycle tube works well with lots of lubricant. You probably don't need to take the valve core

out as you'll be adding the air while easing the bike tube out, but sometimes it helps. Make sure the

tire is warm and the rim is very clean.

I store my new tires with a tube inflated in them to spread out the bead. I usually carry

my vintage bike along so storing the tubes in the tires makes them easier to use if I need

them. It makes mounting new tires a cinch as they are easy to lever on and I don't have to

use a beader to inflate.

Jon

Cheers, tyre was very cold (wouldn't seat using the inner-tube beader or ratchet strap method) so it's now in the house warming up next to the Christmas tree....I'm in a hurry as I want to take the bike out in the street 'cos it's blocked with snow!!! B)

I did a new Mich for a mate Tuesday that had been in his shed for ages, beads of tyre were touching all the way round and the temp of the tyre was cold. The tyre beader makes putting a tubeless on a piece of p***, can't beleive people don't buy them who have to do the job its so worth the money and hassle.

Get the tyre back on the wheel

Lay it on the floor

Take the valve out

Use tyre soap over the beader and some on tyre walls both sides

Inflate untill the beader pops out

Keep inflating untill you hear a double pop (can be up to 80 lbs ish)

Stick valve back in whilst tyre is deflating

Pump up to 50-60 lbs and leave over night to let the soap dry

Job done and you still have hair and mental integrity, why struggle like **** trying to do it the old way when theres something on the market that makes things easy? I'm off in the shed in abit to turn the IRC, be done in 15 mins

Edited by The Addict

HAM 2

given I have two beaders in the Baldilocks garage and a compressor its probably quicker to drive over here.

I would prefer you to p--s about with a strap first just for my entertainment however and then I 'll do it in 5 mins with the proper kit !

happy new year mate

never had the need to use a beader myself, spread the tyre with an old inner tube first, leave overnight (IRC comes with cardboard spacers) lube the tyre up, valve core out, good compressor and jobs a good un.

if it wont seal firstly, stand it up and push it against a wall as you pump, use your leg to apply pressure also......it don't take much...........the problem lies when they tyres have been stacked on top of each other at the stockist or dealers, hence the use of a tube to spread the tyre again.

A good powerful comp and taking the valve out is the key B)

Cheers, tyre was very cold (wouldn't seat using the inner-tube beader or ratchet strap method) so it's now in the house warming up next to the Christmas tree....I'm in a hurry as I want to take the bike out in the street 'cos it's blocked with snow!!! :)

And exactly why do you need a new tire to do that? B)

HAM 2

given I have two beaders in the Baldilocks garage and a compressor its probably quicker to drive over here.

I would prefer you to p--s about with a strap first just for my entertainment however and then I 'll do it in 5 mins with the proper kit !

happy new year mate

Are you two really that close? Sounds as though you need to give him some proper lessons!

As Dabster said, the tire lube is critical as well at times. I have the worlds finest! At least that is what it says on the jug, and I do believe it may be correct! This stuff is better than sex lube! Used with a beader, it is childsplay really!

Makes life a lot easier when I have to do it over because the goddam rimtape! Or valvestem! Still if these things are not perfect you are screwed!

I'm ordering one of them rimtapes with intergrated valvestem to use next time around! Screw them things! Tell you now youare better off throwing the little spacer thing away! POS! B)

Cope is your Sherco an 06 or 07 ?

my 07 came with the intergrated valve and since they came out I've never had to seal a rim tape, its been ok straight out of the box on my 07 Sherco and 09 gas gas. definitlely the way forward if you dont have one already