Tire Choices

gordo

• 5 weeks later...

They just don't grip very well in mud at all. I had one fitted on my Majesty and it was useless. Never tried it on rocks as it didn't stay on the bike long enough. A friend had the same experience on his TLR Honda with one. It lasted one trial before he went back to an IRC.

Best tubed tyre is IRC FOR mud

Michelin no longer make the radial X11 tubed tyre they only make a crossply version

which isn't worth bothering with.

Other option is to use a Pirelli MT43 radial wich can be used for tube or tubeless applications

and is quite cheap at about

I'm a little confused when it comes to tires. Are the tires all radials or are some bias ply? what are the advantages of the radial? Are the radials stickier than bias? can you compete competitivley on a bias ply? can you run a tubeless tire with a tube installed on a twin shocker? Also have any of you guys tried the Mitas brand tires? Sorry for all the questions .I have been out of trials for awhile and am looking to get back into it. Cheers ,Fergie

Edited by fergie

Furgie. Rubber compund should be the same.

Due to the crossing over nature of construction fibres, crossply have less suppleness to deform over obsticals as the carcass rolls/lays down, And the knobs squirm about.

Radial lays tread down softly with no squirming and have supple carcasses.