175 Scorpa To Buy Or Not To Buy

lastplacebrad

i currently ride a gas gas pro 250 at (rather poor ) clubman B level and im looking to change my bike in the fairly near future , and i really fancy a 175 4t scorpa , i like the look, the simplicity and the individuality but will it be right for me ? i know i can only answer that question ultimately but what are the owners views , what are the advantages?? pitfalls ?? :D

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I find the suspension on the 125 fine - no different from the Pro I had (no worse or better).

I do find the traction better. I find the bike gives you more 'time' in the section, its great in rocky gulleys etc. On slippy hillclimbs you just have to trust it..........stick it in first and it will keep going. It's a bit un-nerving at first, as trust it, it will keep going.

It is a tubed rear, and I've had one puncture all year, and that's running at less than 3psi at times.

I'm sure the 175 is a good bike, but you can get a lot of trick aftermarket bits for

Reliability, suspension, simplicity, all spot on, rode the bike for about three months.

Mine is a 125 also the race version, it does feel nice and easy to ride and performs best in streams and slippery conditions, however I find it lacking when it comes to riding the bigger steps and logs we ride in this part of the world, my results suffered when I started riding it, the moment I got back on the Sherco the results improved immediately.

I think the type of sections and the class you ride over there the bike will be perfect for you.

I want a bike over there to ride when I visit and if I can sus a way of getting this 125 there I will, depending on cost to ship and weather it would be more economical selling it here and buying another over there.

I also found riding the bike with the stock seat on, it didn't get in the way at all and sure was nice to sit down between sections, if you plan on riding events with road work it's got to be a plus.

The rear mudguard seems to put people off, but in truth I think it's the only one out there that actualy keeps the mud off you :D

Go test ride one, if you like it I don't think you will be disappointed in quality and reliability.

How do the cable operated clutch feel? I have some bad memories about those...

My first two bikes had cable operated clutches and I can still feel how heavy it was to use. I don't know if cable clutches are better nowadays, but back then we had to use very stiff springs to minimize unwanted slipping.