Scorpa All Four Stroke?

marky g

Don't think there is anything wrong with the TYZ motor, it's penty good enough to keep the SY competitive for a while yet, but perhaps the question is how much longer can/will Yamaha supply it. It could be that issue that forces Scorpa down an all 4-strole route. (I have no idea obviously, just a possiblity)

Hi all,

Yes, Scorpa will have a their prototype four-stroke next year, which I am told will be the basis for the 2006 Scorpa. As far as I know the SY will be available on an order only basis - ie, if you want one and they have the parts they will make one. Whether this applies to one offs or larger shipments I don't know.

As for the new Scorpa four-stroke motor - it is a %&%^^&&^. Sorry, I do know what it is but I promised Phillipe (Owner of Scorpa) and Jean-Marc (sales/marketing/export manager) that I wouldn't tell. But it is an engine from Yamaha.

Cheers,

Ben r

I dont know of another yam 250 motor unless they use the xt 250 motor.

What makes you think that the trials engine will be based on an existing motor you know about?

Could be a totally new motor. Could be a new water cooled top end grafted onto the existing TTR125 bottom end, or a variation on the SY250's bottom end.