Colmore Cup Entry List Available.

pete_scorpa3

For those interested in the riders entered in the Colmore Cup on 28th February, you can see the entries as they come in by clicking on the Stratford-Upon-Avon web site HERE

The Colmore starts at Downs Farm near Bourton onthe Hill, off the A44 between Broadway and Moreton in the Marsh and is a round of the Novogar Clubmans Championship.

For compettitors wishing to have a less testing ride around, there will be an Easy route marked at the hardest 50% of the sections.

Pete

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With still over four weeks to go to the Colmore Cup and entries are coming in fast with almost 90 riders allready entered!

It looks like this years event will be a full house with the 'easy route' format proving very popular.

Entries are limited to 120 riders and entry forms can be found on the Stratford Club web site HERE

I've been involve with the Colmore as an Observer for 27 years, it was always fully subscribed in the 80's, even when it was a British Championship round, but we've certainly not had 120 in the last 15 years or more.

If you look down the list of riders entered, there are quite a few who would never consider riding the championship route. I guess the B route will have added 20 to 30 riders maybe.

What do you think Addict, would you have ridden this year if there was only the one route?

Nope :gay:

Might have to make the entry limit 150 next year Pete :thumbup: My Trialing these days is purely to have a great day out on the bike with me mates at good venues, the clubby route on Nationals allows riders like me to enjoy some of the best trials going in the UK and we are of the many

Edited by The Addict

I thought so. 50% of the sections with an easy route gives the 'fun' riders more chance to enjoy the event.

I'm setting out Dovedale this year as we are only having two at Top Farm (we can't use the steep bank in the wood, Defra (or whoever they are now) have but the stoppers on it due to the Badger set half way along) so I offered to do the 15 in Dovedale.

I know where we are going, but Wrighty is the boss and he wants the 'Three Sisters' in again, so don't blame me for those three 'fives.' Other than that, the B route will have a sensible ride through to start the trial then come back at the end for a different set of sections to finish.

We can't have more than 120 entries due to the time constraints at this time of year. It's not fair to have observers out in the dark, and that's happened in the past with a field of 100 never mind 120 plus!

Two routes yes, no stop no.

Two routes last year and the entry wasn't full !!!! with the Novagars going No Stop this year the entry is full ???? so maybe it is the no stop rule tht is attracting them?

The No Stop rule has been talked to 'death' but the proof is surely what the majoritory of riders prefer and what the clubs do to get full entries??

We all know what happened to the SSDT the fact that the trial reverted back to the No Stop rule which turned it from a trial that was struggling for entries in the 90's to being for many years over subscribed, even in 2010 with the economy the way it is, many other trials are using the No Stop rules and have very healthy entries :thumbup:

Is it right for WTC, BTC that discussion will go on but you are only catering for a handfull of riders that all of us can only watch and admire.

The rest of the trials National down to club level use the rules that the riders want and it seems to me from looking at entries that it is slightly easier sections and the No Stop rule.

Back to the Colmore, I have ridden it for many years but decided not to for the past couple of years because it has not been an enjoyable experience a lot of 5's and the rest pushing your way through the sections for a 3.................and I hate the MUD :gay:

Went to watch last year and the clubby route was good and rideable, this combined with the No Stop and I would have definately put an entry in, next year when I am fit again it will be back in my diary.....................this year I will pop along a laugh and barrack ''The Addict'' :D

Edited by GIZZA5

Two routes yes, no stop no.

50 riders have entered on the easy route, it's hard to say how many of them wold have still ridden if there had only been the Championship route. Perhaps 20 to 30 possibly? Theres no trophies or championships or awards for those riders, they are riding for the fun of competing in the countries oldest national trial. :thumbup:

Back to the Colmore, I have ridden it for many years but decided not to for the past couple of years because it has not been an enjoyable experience a lot of 5's and the rest pushing your way through the sections for a 3.................and I hate the MUD :thumbup:

.....................this year I will pop along a laugh and barrack ''The Addict'' :D

Sections 4, 5 and 6 on the first visit to Dovedale will get the adrenallin going, Wrightys infamous - The Three Sisters! I can't see any mud here :gay:

IMG_0036.jpg