Colmore Cup Entry List Available.

pete_scorpa3

50 riders have entered on the easy route, it's hard to say how many of them wold have still ridden if there had only been the Championship route. Perhaps 20 to 30 possibly? Theres no trophies or championships or awards for those riders, they are riding for the fun of competing in the countries oldest national trial. :thumbup:

I think the easy route has only been available for a couple of years is that right?

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm quite convinced that having an easy route and making it no stop appeals to a lot more riders. Probably not the younger riders but if both trials are getting a full entry then thats good. The last time I did the Wallace and Colmore was a couple of years ago and they certainly weren't full. Just an example, the Jack Wood trial runs no stop and has 2 routes and is oversubscribed every year. I reckon that proves a point especially with the first 2 novogars both full entries.

We've had entries inthe mid sixties recently for the Colmore, with that number of riders we struggle to even cover our costs.

Remember it's 40 sections and each one has two officials, we visit nine different groups each with it's own land owner and we give each rider a hot drink and a snack at the punch card change after section 20. All these things add up.

It's brilliant to have a full entry and not need to subsidise the event from club funds.

Who's the best at wet Midlands mud, off cambered climbs, angled tree roots, more midlands mud (that one rock at Sainbury Quarry... we've only got the one) :thumbup: and most importantly, who is going to get up Wrighty's "The Three Sisters" in Dovedale Wood?

The book is open....

• 2 weeks later...

Billy, pretty sure first to enter,first away, I see we're quite near to each other :) no pinching me RedBull out me bumbag :rolleyes:

Am gutted :thumbup: wished I'd not rushed now. No offense mate as you might be able to keep me awake. I'm working in Liverpool all night and was really happy as I thought for once I'd managed to get in early and get a late number.

I was chopping out sections at Dovedale on Saturday..... watch this video from Top Farm last year and then decide if you really would like to be a late number!

Some sections will probably get easier..... just can't think where at the moment!!!

Maybe here...

100_3431.jpg

Nope, still looks muddy.

Ah ha, here's one that will get easier for the later numbers.

100_3474.jpg

PS. Don't blame me for the 'Three Sisters' in Dovedale, Wrighty can take the credit for them this year :rolleyes: