Sherpa T Head Bearing S

millerme

You probably wont find them in a bearing stockist. But you could try. size required are 45x25x12 Closest you will find easily are 47x25x15 (32005x) Which can be modified to fit, but is the work of hard turning or grinding the o/d down worth it?

The link quoted by Keith above is about the cheapest out there I believe.

Wayne.....

Edited by wayne_weedon

• 10 months later...

I purchased a set of taper bearings from Pyramid and they fit perfectly, they are cheaper than the originals from BultacoUK as well. Give them a ring with the size you want and they send them out straight away. I didn't have to machine anything down, they are a straight replacement. You will need access to a press or get your local tool shop to do the work for you. My M159 took size 45x25x12 and they were available off the shelf.

They all use the same size (well, from model 49 definitely, I've never had a model 10 or 27) The Pyramid bearings are a straight fit as they are the correct size. You only have to machine the alloy head top nut if you use the Sammy Miller kit as the bearings are thicker than 12mm.

Hi,

Got mine from ebay from this guy Member ID p-k-n ( Feedback score of 46123) .was 20 quid. didnt need a press to push the bearing on. stick it on yer wifes cooker, if its gas and warm it up. i used a piece of tube cut to the correct length and slipped it over the yoke stem, then wound the steel head nut on untill it pushed the bearing into place.dont forget the original bottom cap needs to go on first. i did *@**

Miles better than the original bearings.

Hope it helps.

Tom,

PS it was 20 quid for the complete set top and bottom

Edited by tomtom385