Which To Ride Which To Sell ?

No classes in AHRMA or AMA for the eighties twin shockers, so put on the odd event for the bikes, the lads on the west side of Canada are putting on a few classic trials also, so it is starting to grow.

Clubs in our area get their own insurance through a broker, this allows clubs in the northwest to pretty much run any type of event they like under whatever rules they like, riders turn up, pay the entry fee, sign the waver, and ride. no license or bs necessary.

If we wanted to use the US national series as a platform, all it would take is a number of lads to agree to ride the same class on twinshock bikes and have their own trophy and champion at the end of it.

Hmmm, i remember Takumi Narita riding one of those TLM 260's in the 1991 world round at Houghton Tower in Lancashire. That bike sounded amazing as he belted it up the huge steps of the last section, seemed to be incredibly smooth without the pop-pop exhaust note of the other bikes yet very strong when given a handful, quite impressive.

I havn't ridden any events on it TS, but rode it up the road and I can tell you! it's the fastest bloody trials bike I have ever sat on.

This one does have a bit of a pop at the lower end, it had a silly spark arrestor welded on, did the best I could to make the HRC rear silencer look stock after cutting the sparky off.

i agree with you kinell , i would happily swap my pro for that or the trick 4t from the same period , it is a very nice thing indeed, would look nice in my office at work ! .. how much and how hard to obtain are parts for something like that ;)

Edited by lastplacebrad

Able to ride them all at home on my own sections, gives a great insight in to how the bikes have progressed, ride a section on the 200 and forget about the clutch just stand on it and let the motor and flywheel do the rest, turns well, but poor riding position, they did get the riding position wrong back then imo, the traction with a modern tyre/tire is amazing, also the amount of power they got from a 157 cc motor.

Next step up for me in technology is the pentax, better braking and suspension but you find yourself doing more work with the clutch, gets over bigger stuff easier but that you would expect from ten years of developement very stable and goes where you point it, stacks of power when you wind it on and pulls anything in the first three gears.

Then get on the 05 Sherco and it levels the section hops over the logs light and easy to ride, only thing the 200 can compare on is traction, it's fun riding the older bikes but nothing compares with the latest models and I think one old bike is enough for me to do the odd event if I can ride with my mates on similar machinery.

Another chapter is opening with the fourstrokes and I'm looking forward to it, nice looking old bikes are just that, I do see the attraction for riders who compete on them, but I think also a big factor is the eased sections to accomodate the bikes, nice to have one in the shed, but they started ganging up on me.

If I had to make one choice of any bike I have owned to ride, it would be an 05.

it's fun riding the older bikes but nothing compares with the latest models and I think one old bike is enough for me to do the odd event if I can ride with my mates on similar machinery.

Another chapter is opening with the fourstrokes and I'm looking forward to it, nice looking old bikes are just that, I do see the attraction for riders who compete on them, but I think also a big factor is the eased sections to accomodate the bikes, nice to have one in the shed

If I had to make one choice of any bike I have owned to ride, it would be an 05.

Spot on Ishy, I like the look of my TY 175, but I wouldn't take it over my modern bikes anyday ;)