Camelbak

jonnybmac

Will these fit a few tools in and a waterproof coat? Or are they limited to a small amount of gear due to the hydration pack?

Minimum amount of tools, you don't want to puncture it. You may struggle to get a coat in.

I use one in all trials, a few do, hardly notice it now. I don't tend to drink so much water now though, probably something to do with me being off the alcohol. :barf:

I really should change my user name on here.

Mule looks abit too big on the back. Guess I can pop down to my local halfords and have a gander and try of a few to see if I like them. Was just thinking it would be ideal for a rain coat storage if I get too warm wearing it, and a few tools such as a cheap kit of allen keys and few sockets in one of those cases, spark plug remover and plug, pump ect. Wouldnt need too much space, coats the main issue.

Edited by jonnybmac

Use a 1.5 litre hydration pack in this country but it was not enough when we were in the heat of Spain. I purchased a 3 litre bladder and even used that over an eight hour ride.

Remember to wash it out thouroughly after each ride and leave it as open as possible to dry out. I failed to do this on one occasion and the green mould I found there two weeks later was disgusting!

Hi

I've used a Camelbak Lobo - 1.5 litres which is good enough to get round most trials - as a newbie I spend more time on the route than most :barf:

It has a back pocket which is OK for some small tools.

At the end of a trial rinse out well then fill up with water and Milton fluid ( used for babies bottles )

Leave overnight then empty and dry out

Milton will kill any nasty bugs

cheers

Michael

Edited by Mike64

I use one of THESE for big trials but put a 3L bladder in and carry: dog turds and insert tools, screwdrivers, large adjustable, pump, front tube, tyre levers, spare plug, plug key, allen key set and maybe half a litre of spare fuel (if permitted) and I can strap the sleeves to the outside on the elastic cord if I get too hot. And it isnt too big.

A small tip after you have used your bladder to avoid the nasty taste and smell, after rinsing and emptying as much water as possible, stick it in the freezer until next time, works every time - unless you stick a garlic bread on top...... :barf:

For trials I use a camelbak classic which is 2litres but pocket is really only big enough for a sets of allen keys etc, all I really need

For trail riding I have a 20litre(I think) day pack that has a pouch & opening for the bladder out of my camelbak, can fit a 3litre bottle of fuel, spare filter,throttle cable & lunch in main bag with tools in outside pocket. The waist strap helps spread the load more evenly so you don't notice how much you're carrying while riding, only when it's in your hand before or after it's on your back

Just ben to halfrauds yesterday and picked up a nice tool set with sockets, pliers, psi gauge, jublii clips, cable ties, torch, spark plug remover and wire wool ect.. really handy, as well as a pump and set of allen keys for the bag. Had a look at a couple and couldnt decide which I wanted... The mule or the 2 litre one thats a little smaller. Decided on the mule.. Its not as big as I thought and pretty much just the right size I was looking for. Got one on order as halfrauds were abit expensive. All in all I cant wait to test it out :thumbup: