Sherco 290 Case Guard

scotty97

Anyone know where i can get a case guard from to protect the engine casing if the chain snaps. I've seen Vmar ones on other bikes. I was wondering, these are held on by the the two bolts that hold the clutch slave cylinder to the side of the engine, do you need to bleed the clutch after fitting ones of these guards or can you just do one bolt at a time leaving the clutch slave attached to engine????

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 10 months later...

Those two bolts that hold the save cylinder in place are not that tough.

Have you considered how hard the repair would be if the bolt were ripped out of the engine case by the chain???

I think your money would be better spent on a really high quality Trials chain (Regina 520EBXL or Renthal) ... or the right (narrow) heavy duty chain (DID 520DS) but only choose the DID if you don't need a half link.

I normally ride my chains into the ground but I've not had one break yet.

Best of balance.

Neo

We've seen it where the chain has come off the rear sprocket and try to double up and wrap around the counter shaft sprocket with the case guard installed. It stopped the chain from damaging anything else, and it slightly bent the top of the case saver. The bolts and everything else held just fine!

Now one other thing. The price is $38.95 American dollars, I'm not sure what the exchange rate right now, but it would obviously be much less in Euro's. Shipping would be expensive! Though I do think there are company's over there that carry V-mar products.

This kind of gets me. Nobody is making any money on trials products, a guy puts out a product for a fair price (in U.S. dollars) and everybody wants to make their own! And I'm not talking about just this. Please support those that care enough to make trials products!

I really do like these things, yet due to procrastination, do not have one, primarily because I(duh)want one in BLUE!!! Friggin Vince does most everything black and at best I would have to call him to pull one off a batch just to get one plain so I could have it blue anodized.

I have put this off forever, now, !!! I just need to do it!

Big thing here I think, If you do kick off a chain in a section, breakage or not, it is likely possible to wad up and take out a slave cyl at best, worst case, youre gonna wipe out that and break the bolt fitments on the case anyway. Big thing here is This Should Not allow the chain to wad up, which is a good thing, and possibly well worth the investment if it were to occur.

Having seen extreme cases of this type damage on many bikes over the years, I giv it a :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup: as cheap insurance.

Add, no you do not have to worry about the clutch when removing screws, unless you are a bit git and pump the lever with the bolts loose. :rolleyes:

I can toolpath * machine * anodise colours if you wanted to send me a DXF file I'll get around to drawing one soon after Footrests ,levers , brake pedal should keep me busy until holiday time!

Hi chewy,, have you any photos of the foot rest that you make and any other parts..???

Also did you find any lighter spring for the sherco clutch ???

We've seen it where the chain has come off the rear sprocket and try to double up and wrap around the counter shaft sprocket with the case guard installed. It stopped the chain from damaging anything else, and it slightly bent the top of the case saver. The bolts and everything else held just fine!

Now one other thing. The price is $38.95 American dollars, I'm not sure what the exchange rate right now, but it would obviously be much less in Euro's. Shipping would be expensive! Though I do think there are company's over there that carry V-mar products.

This kind of gets me. Nobody is making any money on trials products, a guy puts out a product for a fair price (in U.S. dollars) and everybody wants to make their own! And I'm not talking about just this. Please support those that care enough to make trials products!

On a previous Sherco I had the chain snap and it took out the slave cylinder,slave bolt head ,flywheel cover and most expensively of all my left hand boot got sliced?? :dunce:

Edited by HAM2

Is this what your after -http://www.tec-cycles.com/id48.html

I emailed Vince in the States and the suppliers over here are Steve Saunders, SXS and

<mention of this company is not permitted on Trials Central>.

They don't hold the item in stock evidently but if there's a number of us who can co-ornate via here we could maybe approach one of the two en masse and persuade them to order a batch?

Peter