Sherco Side Stand

benc1980

So whats up with the sherco side stands, the aluminium one snaps becuse they designed it badly, so then they fit a steel one thats a different length etc and barely stands the bike up..

has anyone resolved this issue buy using a stand of another bike or do i need to make myself one that does the job!

I think sherco need some new staff in there R+D department.

Edited by BenC1980

I know what you mean about the steel stand being short although the issue isn't the stand rather than the bracket. I replaced the bracket on my 05 last year, part number is the same but the stand comes further forward which makes the bike lean over more

Not sure what the way to fix it is

I've broken a few alloy stands and so have my customers with just the bike weight on them. I replace them with the old steel stand. I had one steel stand that went too far forward too, I just welded a bead on the top front of the stand so it wouldn't go so far forward in the bracket when extended.

Cheers folks, its a shame they were unable to design a stand that does the job properly..

Looks like ill have to come up with a decent idea.... id love to just take it off but if there is no where to lean the bike what do i do!!??

The stands only there to hold the bike, not rider and bike. I usually knock mine off as soon as i have hold of the bike never mind on it. My mates is the same, its nearly on a 45 degree angle lol

Edited by jonnybmac